Hi all,

It seems that I have this huge LED light on my forehead saying, "Please don't pay me".

I do IT work for a public school on a monthly basis. SLA. agreement is I go TWICE a month to this school and do maintenance on the workstations and server.

Now last month I only went there ONCE. Not twice. Went to have a word with the lady who pays the bill and she said, "How many times have you been here this month?"

I answered, "Only once".

She told me it's twice a month and then said, "OK well then you're just going to have to owe us an extra visit next month." ( Schools are closed at the moment ). she said they were discussing it just the other day. Now, I assume they were discussing why I haven't been there yet for that month.

If they didn't want me anymore, I'm sure she would've told me. Or.... I could be on probation and not even know it?

The agreement is they pay on the last day of the month via EFT.

Age of contract : 2 months

Did they pay on time the first month? Yes

Have they paid for this month yet? NO

Money owed to me: R1714

Now my question....

Should I mail this lady and ask for payment? she's on holiday at the moment, but I'm sure she checks her e-mail's. ( Mweb POP3 mail ).

Thing is, I don't want to lose this SLA. It's a new client, I did VERY good work in last month for them, I help them immediately when they have a problem, I'm always available on my cell phone etc etc

I'm afraid that if I do ask for payment, this lady is going to turn around and say, "How can we pay you if the agreement was for twice a month, and you only came once?"

OK, then pay me half the amount now until I go out there again when the schools open?

Do I suck it up & wait for the schol's to re-open and then confront her about payment?

Do I ask for it now risking them saying, "Wow, second month & already we having issues with you. Good-bye"

Everyone makes mistakes, I made one by not going out twice this month.

I'm posting asking for help, because just like everyone, I budget, and this payment not coming in is kinda hurting the budget for this month.

Your views guys?

How do I approach this in such a way that it doesn't enrage the client to a point where they say, "Thx but we'll get someone else from now on".

Hope someone can help.