Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: electricity and water price increase

Thanks
    Please excuse me if I'm asking stupid questions. Why not minimize your water and electrical usage from the municipality? Surely this is cheaper than trying to get completely off the grid? And you can still gain the benefit of being able to carry on living if the power or water goes out for a while.

Suspended
    Thanks
    not a stupid question...in fact there is no such thing as a stupid question...only dumass people who dont ask then wonder why or how for the rest of their lives.

the bottom line is i havent paid my municipalty account...since last year november therefore thay have cut off my electricity since january and water since march...i have been in to try sort it out but unfortunatly they have requested i pay a R10 000 deposit over and above the R2500 deposit they already have...before they will enter into any payment agreement with me...andunfotunatly i am not in a position to come up with that kind of deposit so we are learning to live like the other 3 million people who dont have water and lights...i am also not in a position to go out and fit a R10000 solar geyser...nor buy and run a bigger generator...so over the last six months we have learnt to adapt to our new way of life.

we will survive...it is just a pity because we have a 230 000 volt power line over head and a 400 volt overhead line running past our house...i just cant bring myself to steal the electricity...i dont know why...because i have all the equipment and knowledge to connect to the overhead line put tee pieces in the ground...and these idiots who run the electricity department now havent a clue what is going on with their infrastructure...or who is illegally connected and who isnt...thats why they need people to pimp on each other to catch them out.

it could have something to do with my past...i found the more you steal the more you get punished in other ways...i am sure some of you know about the big wheel which always turns a full cycle...this could be my time of collecting for my wrong doings in my past...or just an experince to make me wiser...what ever it is i wont allow it to get to me.

Thanks
    I'm assuming that you are willing and able to pay for the months of November to current (plus market related interest). I think your problem is most likely to be solved if you can find someone at the municipality willing to help by accepting payment to settle the account balance without requiring huge deposits or penalties. I'd suggest approaching your ward councillor to get the municipality to work with you to get this resolved otherwise you could spend a lot of time finding that person at the municipality.

Email problem watermetersupplier's Avatar
    Room 710,No.656 Middle Xi Zang Road,Huangpu District,shanghai,China.
    Thanks
    So you gotta have a water meter installed for better control of your daily usage, lol

Thanks
    You will also have a huge problem if you want to sell your house someday.
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Suspended
    Thanks
    i read on the etkweni site that we were in for an 18.5 % increase in electricity...seems we are in for a little shock if they get the new rate approved this week of over 20 %...the news last night indicated over 19% +

last year in may 2010 if your account was R1000
    july 2010 last year it would have gone up to R1250
    and in july 2011 it will go up to R1481.00

thats nearly R500 per month...eeina for those of you who are finding it a little difficult at the moment.

what is a bigger concern to me is the fact that the petrol price is coming down again...by a pathetic 34 cents...we all know what happens when it comes down...expect huge increases in the near future.

they indicated on the news that the average 3 bedroom household will need to fork out an additional R1000 per month municipality fees.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12