Thread: Hijack!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hijack!

This morning one of my service teams got hijacked. Two armed hijackers. No-one hurt but everyone rather severely shaken.

There is so much to say. The practicalities raise all kinds of issues. But the last 5 hours have been something of a blur. I kinda got to get things settled in my head. I'll be back with more later.

Gold Member
    Thanks
    I am really sorry to hear about this Dave and really pleased that no-one was hurt.
    Regards

Debbie
    debbie@stafftraining.co.za

From reception to management training, assertiveness, accountability or interviewing skills, we have a wide range of training workshops available for you!
    www.stafftraining.co.za

Find us on
    Facebook

Thanks
    Dave - so sorry to hear the bad news - what bastards they are.

Thanks
    Now that you have had a (hopefully) good nights sleep, how are you feeling about this today?

I'm just really glad that no one was hurt — for that we can all be thankful.
    [SIGPIC]Engineer Simplicity[/SIGPIC]
    Turn ideas into products | The Art of Engineering blog

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Really sorry about what happened.

Whilst we are so overwhelmed with gratitude that no-one was physically hurt! it really sinks home what sort of life we live these days.
    Our initial response being gratitude, followed by deep anger and resentment, and then the feeling of hopelessness, and helplessness for the safety of our families, friends, loved ones and employees.

This is not healthy.

During this last week: On Saturday morning, Fourways area, warnings were given over the radio that there was a very high police activity in the area, helicopters etc. reason -unknown.
    We calmly diverted to Rivonia, had breakfast, listened to the radio, and continued on our way to Fourways.
    Earlier this week, one the the main streets in Johannesburg - Corlett Drive, warnings were issued about rocks and planks of wood with nails being placed in the road, and drivers stoned.
    Today, Somewhere in Marlborough the road is being barracaded with rocks and burning tyres etc. a protest - reason unknown!
    Please use a different route!

Is this going to be our "normal" day in future. Listen to the radio, avoid certain
    area, put our heads down, pray for the best, and just get on with it as best we can?

Yvonne

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvonne Symons View Post
    During this last week: On Saturday morning, Fourways area, warnings were given over the radio that there was a very high police activity in the area, helicopters etc. reason -unknown.
    We calmly diverted to Rivonia, had breakfast, listened to the radio, and continued on our way to Fourways.
    Earlier this week, one the the main streets in Johannesburg - Corlett Drive, warnings were issued about rocks and planks of wood with nails being placed in the road, and drivers stoned.
    Today, Somewhere in Marlborough the road is being barracaded with rocks and burning tyres etc. a protest - reason unknown!
    Please use a different route!
    This is not good. I keep hoping we are past all this sort of trouble. Dont let them get to you Dave.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    This is exactly why i believe we need to group together as a community!
    Wellinformed.co.za - Networking Forums SA partner site. Let's support each other for a better South Africa.