So I am just finishing up a little project, refitting a flat I bought and have had an electrician in, checked his licence and saw his regestration papers before hiring. Now what I know of electrical work I learned on line so forgive me but I just want to run this by you guy before i pay this guy and except the Certificate of Compliance.

I see he has used 12Volt down light fittings with 220Volt lamps? Doesn't sound right to me. I read on the fitting 12V 50 Watt max but he has used a proper 220Volt lamp holder with a proper junction box on it and i see the red and black and the earth going into this connetion box which looks all proper and the cables going to the lamp holder have that heat proof sleeving on them. Does this light need to be earthed? Its out of reach from the floor but wasn't sure if it needed earthing.

Also in the bath rooms he has used 220V down lights, right above the shower, if i stretch I can touch the fitting? Should these be low voltage or enclcosed in some way?

Finally, not sure if this an electrical regulation question but the PINK in the loft is really close to the downlights, which are obviously hot, is this right? I mean there is a little space he has cleared around the fitting but i was wondering if there is a certain distance there has to between the down light and the insulation.

The rest of the job looks fantastic and his guys have done a remarkably neat job of running the cables and the distrubution board looked like a work of art so I'm not to worried just want to clear these little snags before he leaves site.

Sorry to ask but my usual electrician friend is away and very busy like all good electricians so I thought I'd ask here. Thanks in advance
Billy bob