Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BBDO website, do you like?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    Thank goodness for that! For a while there I thought you'd lost your marbles
    Lol, that was not the intention. I simply wanted unbiased input before I gave my opinion. Note my "Slap" smiley
    Roelof Vermeulen (Entrepreneurship in large organizations)
    Roelof Vermeulen| Rock flaps south africa

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I realised I'd taken your excitement about the site the wrong way when I reread your OP...

and now that I know you're not connected to the site and I no longer feel the need to be politely critical -

It's cr*p.
    At almost every level.

The only positive thing I have to say about it is the coder might have a future making a first person shooter game one day.

EDIT:
    Now that I think about it - how the heck did you find that website in the first place?

3. Thanks given for this post:

AndyD (02-Jun-11)

Thanks

Thumbs down SHITE

Quote Originally Posted by Chatmaster View Post
    I REALLY have to share this website with you guys, lets just say, I am still picking up my jaw from my desk. This isn't my website but it certainly deserves a mention.

http://www.networkbbdo.co.za/

I would like to know what you guys think of this master piece?

Oh yes, please do it with sound, for that added effectiveness...
    I have fast ADSL, Use the latest version of Firefox, it loaded fast enough but I forgot to plug in my Crystal Ball - I still have no clue what the site was about!.
    Michael Vella
    Web Presence Solutions - www.solutionsweb.co.za

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Guys Guys Guys, you are missing the point here. This web site is for the arty people, and unless you are one of them, and I am not, you will find this site stunning, showing you the creativity behind the advert agency.

They are looking for clients with big bucks, who employ creative people to do their adverts, a simple no frills site will not attract them, as they want something that jumps out of the screen at you. I am impressed. My FF 4.01 on a 512K line worked perfectly.

P.S. The reason I have a bit of insight to the add agency, i that my younger daughter is interested in this line, so had to spend a day at one of the colleges who teach this subject, many of the adverts made no sense to me, but were getting fantastic reviews from the teachers and clients, once they started explaining what they were impressed about, I suddenly realised that they live in another world. After that day, I tend to look at adverts differently.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    The only positive thing I have to say about it is the coder might have a future making a first person shooter game one day.
    *Tears*

In the advertising world, good and sh1t are points on a circle, if you go past sh1t and keep driving in the same direction eventually you get to good. It's just a longer but more meaningful journey than driving straight to good in the first place.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12