Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bin Laden - some are good, even the bad. Some are bad, even the good.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Very good point Chris. Unfortunately you are contradicting yourself. Are you for or against the self proclaimed terrorist? There is enough evidence provided by Bin Laden himself. How can you not know that he is guilty of anything?

I agree that an eye for an eye is barbaric, but there comes a time when you have to protect the innocent. That is the time when you have to make a stand and realise that you sometimes have to be cruel to be kind.

Everyone is entitled to a fair trial, but what is your stance on defending a known and self confessed murderer? Is it your duty to get him off on a technicality or by discrediting witnesses and evidence, or is it only to ensure a fair trial? What does your conscience lead you to do? Do you also consider the position of the innocents who were, or may still be harmed by this individual?

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Blurock -- there is absolutely no contradiction.

I have said that personally I am glad the swine is dead and hope he burns in hell. So I approve.

But I am recognizing the "wrongness" in my/our stance. It violates a whole bunch of principles that we profess to hold sacred.

As to "self confessed"; I can give you a real assurance that "confessions" often mean nothing. People will confess to anything for reasons as varied as human nature itself.

So the bottom line is that we are all approving of the criminal execution of a human being against whom there is not a shred of evidence ... criminal because, as said, any judge would have to convict the killers of premeditated murder ... of three human beings ... that is the reality ... which ever way you want to bake it!

... so we are indeed barbaric ..... or is it just brutal? ... certainly brutish!

As regards my stance on "defending a known and self confessed murderer". I have already set out that there is a fundamental difference between beleiving and knowing. We simply do not know that Bin Laden was guilty of anything, as much as we believe it.
    In terms of the standards we have set for ourselves we would only know that he was guilty after a fair trial in an open court on evidence.

As an advocate I would defend him to the very best of my ability. That is a fundamental human right that we all have.

Ask yourself this question? At what point are you going to draw a line in the sand and say when a human being can be executed out of hand or not? Is it when he "proclaims" himself to be a terrorist but there is no evidence that he has actually killed anybody? Is it when e the media links him to master minding one suicide bomber, or is it three, or 10? If O J Simpson now confesses to the murders do we have him knocked off in a hit since he cannot be tried again.?

We have set standards for all these things. We have just torn them all up.
    Let us have the conversation!
    Blog: http://coginito.blogspot.com Cognito ergo sum

Thanks
    So the alternative is they should have arrested him and taken him to the World Court in the Hague to stand trial.

We would ignore all the petty kidnappings and killings and attempts to trade for his freedom in the mean time.

Pop him off, bury him at sea and the whole thing is over bar the shouting and a few revenge attacks.
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    So lets see, according to the fairy tale from the grand old US of A. They drop a bunch of navy seals into a foreign country who then raids a compound and shoots an unarmed man who is supposedly hiding behind his wife. They then load his body onto their helicopter, take some DNA and toss the body in the sea.

Oooooooooooooooookkkkkkkk, I think that if they were going to think u a bull twang story they should at least think up a story where they come out looking like heros. What absolute, unadulterated horse manure. I give America my official award for being a country whose goverment think that the whole world believes in their Hollywood Mickey Mouse dreamword.

What the media should have said is that the US goverment got Dreamworks to make a sequel to Lethal Weapon 4 using CGI.

Are we so blind that we believe all the rubbish that the US media spews at us - come on....Osama Bin Ladin aka The Tooth Fairy / Tron and many other CGI characters.

For once I agree with ChrisNG & Murdock, we are a bunch of savages who arbitrarily decide what is right and what is wrong. Chris says that they had no right to do what they supposedly did - I agree, and Murdock said that one mans terrorist is another mans Nobel Peace Prize winner - and I agree with this too.

What a load of rubbish, I think that Americans must be the stupidest bunch of people in the world if they believe all the rubbish that there government spews.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    No, it wasn't the action itself that got to me as "primitive" or "barbaric," it was the celebration in what I saw as a very sombre moment.
    What I find interesting was that during 9/11, there were a number of Muslims who also danced in the street when the towers fell. I can not recollect if there were any comments about this.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Justloadit View Post
    What I find interesting was that during 9/11, there were a number of Muslims who also danced in the street when the towers fell.
    Agreed - that's no better either.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    Agreed - that's no better either.

they should have the dancing on camera...hunt them down and pop them as well...why not while they are on a roll...i wonder if obama will ever get charged with war crimes?....i doubt it....

imagine that the muslins capturing obama and taking him to task for all the bad things the CIA...FBI...ACS...DEA...ERG...LKM...etc...get up to...in the name of peace...war against terorism...call it what you want i thought the un was suppose to be the law enforces...but clearly the americans feel because they are the power house in the world they can take the law into their own hands...if they kill a pile of civilians...its called casualties of war...i love it...i wish we could could wage a war on crimminals in this country write off all the casualties to the war on crimminls...

would it be any worse than what the americans have just done to bin laden? i dont think so...as i have mentioned in the past our crime stats can only be compared to war torn countries....eeeish makes you think doesnt it...and some of the inhuman acts i have heard people mention of what these crimminlas do to some of the women they encounter during their crimminla acts....are hectic...one come to mind taking a hot piece of steel and penertrating the women until they die...burning them with irons etc...i think the "reported" are something like ever 20 seconds...but i suppose we live in a 3 rd world country you can expect this type of behavior.

Silver Member
    Thanks

twin towers

And there were hundreds of muslims that died on 09/11

Thanks
    Bin Laden was killed quickly and efficiently and for that I applaud the Americans. Just think of the many people who were held as captives of this organization only to have a video made of their heads being chopped off.
    I am sure that many of the individuals who were victims of Osama Bin Laden would have preferred him to have been killed very slowly over a long time!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.