Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pastel Auditor vs Caseware vs Draftworx?

Silver Member
    Thanks

Question Pastel Auditor vs Caseware vs Draftworx?

Hi,

I recently started my own accounting practice, providing professional accounting, tax and related services.

I am looking at purchasing software to simplify the tasks surrounding the drafting of financial statements. I will also probably be doing independent reviews once the new Companies' Act become effective (I don't see my practice doing audits soon...)

I use Pastel and will also be drafting from Excel (as I won't have all my clients' books electronically).

I know Caseware is probably the strongest player in the market, but it is also pricey. Pastel Auditor is a safe option, as I like Pastel's products a lot and find them user friendly (there are also integration advantages in using the Pastel Auditor). Draftworx is relatively new...

Anyone wish to comment?

Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My auditors use Caseware. Superficially I guess it doesn't make sense given the dominance of Pastel in the business accounting arena here in South Africa, but I guess there must be a reason.

Thanks
    I've only had a cursory look at the Pastel Auditor package, but first impressions are very good.

If you are familiar with Pastel's Business Intelligence (BIC) module, then you will notice that Pastel Auditor uses BIC technology to produce all its reports, which are Excel-based. This feature alone is a great one, as it allows one to share a report in an editable format that most people use and with which they are familiar.

Other than the obvious compatibility issue (obviating the need to input trial balance data manually), I don't really have much else to comment - sorry.
    Neville Bailey - Sage Pastel Accounting Consultant
    www.accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    neville@accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    IronTree Online Solutions

"Give every person more in use value than you take from them in cash value."
    WALLACE WATTLES (1860-1911)

Silver Member
    Thanks
    @Dave A - Caseware has add-on audit working papers etc as well, so it will make sense using it if you do audits to use that.

@Neville - I attended a workshop recently where I saw some of the elements of Pastel Auditor and I liked it.

5. Thanks given for this post:

Dave A (19-Apr-11)

Thanks
    Hi J7J,

I'm one of the Draftworx team members. Spare us an hour of your time, and we'll come show you how we exceed all others in several areas, including support (with our electronic support, submit your financials electronically if you require any assistance), with our Excel like & compatible drafting engine, electronic scanning and document manager and live internet updates in addition to our included tutorial videos to get you up and running quickly and easily. All at an affordable price.

We don't believe in separate "modules", Draftworx is all inclusive and incorporates Audit, Review, Accounting Officer and Compilation methodologies by Professor Steven Firer.
    Included templates: IFRS, IFRS SME, CC, Sole Prop, Body Corp, Partnership, Trust etc.

These and many other reasons are why our clients swear by us, and why we receive rounds of applause when we demo the product in seminars across the country.
    Feel free to visit www.draftworx.co.za and leave a message for us to contact you.

Draftworx : Integrated Audit | Review | Compilation | Drafting | Office Suite | Solution.

Regards,
    Earl

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Hi Earl,

Thank you for your response.

Pastel Auditor is incorporating an "Accounting Officer" methodology within its package. Does Draftworx have something similar (ie. If I act as an Accounting Officer, is there something that guides me on which procedures to follow to ensure compliance?)

Does Draftworx have something in place for the Independent Reviews that will be introduced with the new Co's Act (which is apparently definitely going "live" on 1 May 2011)...

Does Draftworx have management reporting functions, ie. Can a Monthly Management Pack be prepared from the software?

Thanks
    Years ago, when I started I used Lotus Suite. Then I started using Excel. After that I moved on to Caseware. Then Auditmate. Then Pastel Auditor.

I work on Pastel (Partner, Express, Evolution, Payroll)
    I also work on Quickbooks, JD Edwards, AccPac, Oracle, and a host of other smaller accounting packages.

Sorry to say, but I have fallen in love with all products in the Softline group.

I prefer Pastel Auditor, but have never worked on draftworx?
    What is the pricing like?

Thanks
    @J7J My pleasure,

Accounting Officer Methodology - Tick
    Independent Review Methodology by Prof Steven Firer - Tick
    J7J, whereabouts are you based? Have time for us to come and impress you? :)

@TaxExempt - R2 600 ex VAT for all templates & methodologies, including electronic & telephonic support - our electronic support is one of a kind! Contact us, we'll be glad to send you a demo copy. earl@dataprime.co.za

For everyone else, there's a video preview of 4.0 online @ www.youtube.com/draftworx - (Please note - We are currently on version 5.13, a plethora of features and enhancements since 4.0)

Draftworx: Emerging leader in drafting and 'audit' technology
    Integrated Audit | Review | Compilation | Drafting | Office Suite | Solution.

Thanks

Don't just take my word for it. What our users say about Draftworx:

FYI. Don't just take my word for it. What our users say

Sent: 06 May 2011 05:05 PM
    To: 'Earl J. Steyn | Draftworx'
    Subject: RE: Support

Draftworx is mind blowing, I cant tell you how much I struggled with [CENSORED](so for many year I compile financials manually) scary….

Thanks a mil

Sent: 20 January 2011 05:18 PM
    To: 'Earl J. Steyn | Draftworx'
    Subject: RE: Support

Thank you very much Earl!

I have now switched to your product from [OTHER CENSORED PRODUCT] and so far very impressed. I will definitely spread to word.

Sent: 13 May 2011 04:23 PM
    To: Support @ Data Prime
    Subject: Re: Prior years

Hi Earl,

What an oversight! Its actually quite funny..Thanx though for the excellent service!

Email problem
    Thanks
    Hi Guys
    I'm new and see I'm posting a bit late on the thread, but maybe someone can use it in future.
    I'm a professional accountant and have been using Caseware for about 7 years now. We have changed over to Draftworx a few months ago, and are seriously impressed. We will never go back!
    Except for the fact that it's userfriendly and easily updated via the internet (no waiting for cd's for months) the best thing about them are their support! I've never experienced something like it. These people really WANT to help!
    You definitely won't go wrong with Draftworx!

12. Thanks given for this post:

Dave A (26-Aug-11)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast