Thread: Advice Needed: Bike Delivery Service offered?

Thanks

Advice Needed: Bike Delivery Service offered?

Hi Guys,

I need some info on companies hiring out bike delivery personal. How does that work, how much does it cost and will it be worth it?

We'll need to deliver small items to costumes on a daily basis in and around Cape Town, so trying to figure out the most economical way to go about it.

I suppose the other option is to hire a Delivery person with Bike and pay him a small salary? I see ppl on Gumtree advertise delivery jobs for R2500?! I thought minimum wage was more than that, surly?

Any advice would be most appreciated!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Hi Marius,

Try my good friend from MDS, he is starting a new prepaid service, it may not be on his web yet, in which you have a flat rate of R30 odd rand per delivery with in the same city. Very efficient too, as you use his web page to log in to request the collection and destination addresses. You then get email notification of the progress.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    I use Fastway and see they also operate in Cape Town. They seem reliable but are sometimes slower than advertised.
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Thanks
    Thanks Guys!!! R30 a pop sounds very reasonable. Do you perhaps know if they cover the Cape Town Metropole including the Malmesbury, Paarl Mountain, Paarl, Wellington, Worcester, Stellenbosch, Stellenbosch East and Strand Districts also? Guess I'll have to make can't can find out.

How does it normally work, if say I have a Urgent job that needs to go out asap, will they come out in let's say a hours time to pick up and have it delivered? I was thinking the not so Urgent jobs can be collected at a set time during the afternoon and then delivered next day. Is that normal practice, or how else do ppl do it or what other services do these courier services offer?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Hi Marius,

Why not give MDS a call. They do all this that you talk about, but when it is urgent, off course the price changes as they then do not use their network, but send an individual to collect and deliver.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.