Thread: I love technology and the internet!

Thanks

I love technology and the internet!

Over the past year or two, I have been making a concerted effort to move my Pastel consultancy away from being geographically-bound, with the aim of being able to generate income wherever I may be situated in the country (or abroad).

I really love what I do (I don't regard it as a job) and my dream is to one day cruise aimlessly around the country in a mobile home, whilst still being able to offer my services online.

To this end I have made my website Google-friendly (thanks to Peter Carruthers' and Pete Bowen's MarketingMotor tools), and I have been receiving quality leads from all over the country, which I have been servicing with a combination of TeamViewer (remote desktop support) and Skype.

This past week has been the first week in which I have not had to wear long trousers and shoes, and spent my time at home consulting with clients all over SA, most of whom I had never met in person!

It is a truly liberating feeling to know that soon I can move around (or relocate elsewhere) without the fear of having to re-establish a client base all over again.

What a privilege to live in this age of mobile technology!
    Neville Bailey - Sage Pastel Accounting Consultant
    www.accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    neville@accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    IronTree Online Solutions

"Give every person more in use value than you take from them in cash value."
    WALLACE WATTLES (1860-1911)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Well done Neville

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Congrats Neville! You deserve it!

Technology really is a wonderful thing. Being in the design industry, we too are able to service clients all over the country. Most of our services produce electronic products, so location is not an issue! We run our business almost entirely from home, what a joy!

Keep on making us Durbanites proud, Neville!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Well done Neville, I have been watching you for a number of years and it is great to see the fruits of your success.

I think that this is a major stumbling block of new entrepreneurs, thinking that they need to be geographically positioned to be succesful.

In some industries this is the case, butI am trying very hard to move into this cloud, where I can be anywhere and earning an income.

I still got a long way to go, but I am sowing my seeds, and hopefully 3 of them seeds are sprouting with an ever so tiny leaf right now, but who knows, it can become an oak tree in time.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Email problem
    Thanks
    MarketingMotor...

Sorry, we're not taking new clients on right now.

We limit the number of new clients we take on each month so we can spend enough time with you to make sure that this really works for your business.

If you'd like to add your name to our waiting list please give us a shout through the support ticket system.

Ouch

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_ZA View Post
    MarketingMotor...

Sorry, we're not taking new clients on right now.

We limit the number of new clients we take on each month so we can spend enough time with you to make sure that this really works for your business.

If you'd like to add your name to our waiting list please give us a shout through the support ticket system.

Ouch
    The joys of being so successful you have too many clients to handle! #jealous

Thanks
    I've just ventured into new territory (for me anyway) and started a blog to share my experiences on the way to geographic business freedom!

I'm not sure how it will pan out, or even if anyone will bother to read it but, for what it's worth, you can find it here.

All comments and contributions will be welcomed!
    Neville Bailey - Sage Pastel Accounting Consultant
    www.accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    neville@accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    IronTree Online Solutions

"Give every person more in use value than you take from them in cash value."
    WALLACE WATTLES (1860-1911)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Good luck with the blog, Neville.

Email problem
    Thanks
    Awesome Nevile! And all th best wishes for you...

Email problem
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Neville Bailey View Post
    Over the past year or two, I have been making a concerted effort to move my Pastel consultancy away from being geographically-bound, with the aim of being able to generate income wherever I may be situated in the country (or abroad).

I really love what I do (I don't regard it as a job) and my dream is to one day cruise aimlessly around the country in a mobile home, whilst still being able to offer my services online.

To this end I have made my website Google-friendly (thanks to Peter Carruthers' and Pete Bowen's MarketingMotor tools), and I have been receiving quality leads from all over the country, which I have been servicing with a combination of TeamViewer (remote desktop support) and Skype.

This past week has been the first week in which I have not had to wear long trousers and shoes, and spent my time at home consulting with clients all over SA, most of whom I had never met in person!

It is a truly liberating feeling to know that soon I can move around (or relocate elsewhere) without the fear of having to re-establish a client base all over again.

What a privilege to live in this age of mobile technology!

I also love technology and interest business