Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: frequency...how important

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyD View Post
    Sounds well dodgy.

You're living like a pikey because you have a rates bill of under a grand.

This sounds a bit obsessive compulsive to me. I'm glad I'm not living next door to you, your neighbors property prices are probably also dropping so fast their ears are popping.
    and the sound of the generator must be driving them nuts...the more their property value drops the better my rates argument will become.

Suspended
    Thanks
    by the way my metro bill...including
    lights
    water
    rates
    sewage
    refuse removal

was only R500 less than my bond

it use to be a small percentage...now its almost the same...for the rich amd famous its no big deal but what about us lower income people...we are stuck in the middle...we dont qualify for the poor peoples benefits and we dont earn big bucks the the rich people.

and all i hear are people complaing...but no action.

just to let you know my electricity reading from beginning of december till today....just over 400 kw for 2 months yes please i know when i send my meter reading thru today they will complain that there is a problem with my meter...last month when i sent it thru i got a R2500 credit but they bitched like anything...it was great to hear them complaining for a change...the bonus is i dont have a fuse on the pole so they cant say i have been bypassing the meter...and my electricity is completely bypassed from the meter box.

there is one good thing coming of this my positive action instead of whining all the time ... am taking a positive steps in the right direction.

another thing i have let my grass on my verge grow to the same height as the council property next to mine...so now you cant tell the diffrence between my verge and the adjacent council property...it all looks the same.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by murdock View Post
    ........was only R500 less than my bond

it use to be a small percentage...now its almost the same...
    Yeah but your bond doesn't go up each year with inflation whereas your rates do so it's always going to be the case that the rates end up proportionally more with each yearly increase. This is especially so at the moment where interest rates are very low so your bond repayment will have dropped.

Suspended
    Thanks
    there must have been some serious inflation for my rates to go up from R300 to over R900 in one month....i can still feel the vortex of the rushed in my throat...

please xplain to me what rates are for...

if i pay for water and connection costs
    electricity and electricity connection costs ...and boy do you pay...long time ago it was just a connection cost...now you pay for everything
    i pay for the roads we drive on...through various means....tolls vehicle registrations....etc etc
    i pay for refuse removal
    i pay for sewage
    i pay for my kids to go to school and any extention on to buildings etc...thru fund raisers etc
    i pay for medical aid and doctors visits and hospital visits
    i pay huge bucks to buy a piece of land or a house...which the bank owns

so plesae explain why rates?

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyD View Post
    Sounds well dodgy.

You're living like a pikey because you have a rates bill of under a grand.

This sounds a bit obsessive compulsive to me. I'm glad I'm not living next door to you, your neighbors property prices are probably also dropping so fast their ears are popping.
    thats what the head shrink told me the last time i was there...but she said it wasnt all bad because i also seems to have the worse case of hhddd...but if channeled in the right direction it could explain why i am extremely efficient at my work when i want to be...

if i can get their property prices down i get a reduction in rates....my property is beginningto look like the council properties...so it doesnt really stand out in fact it blends in...its the people who cut their verges who look out...there is an up side to the long grass and thick bush...wild life.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123