here is a question...i think a lot of the old school sparkies are asking themselves...is it time to move froward and stop trying to do things the old way...like the move from steel pipe to bosal pipe then to pvc pipe and now to twin + E.

i quote for jobs still using the old type wiring system...pvc pipe and wire...always worrying about the how tidy the job is...using the more expensive switches and just generally trying to do a quality job...yet all the switch manufacturers are going with the times...cheaper junk made in china...so you basically pay for the name...they all seem to break or burn out just as quick...using heineman circuit breakers which have just priced themselves out the market as i think i am doing to my company.

looking forward to my next 10 year plan...i am thinking of using all the technology i have invested in to start making some good money instead of alway trying to do things the old way...and rather look at becoming an extremely efficient company rather than a good quality company...the other problem i have is when you do the job right the first time you dont get anymore work because they never have to call you to fix...and dont tell me but they tell their friends...actually they dont because they dont need you so they forget about you...i learnt this after the christmas break...once i set out and started working again this year work just took off not because i did good work last year but because most customers who saw me this year remebered all the things they have been meaning to do...so bussiness has got off to a good start..this year.

i have been asking customers about their wiring to get an idea...and most people are clueless...all they want is when you switch on the stove it must work...or when they plug in the tv it must come on...they dont care if there is a pipe in the wall or a piece of twin+e or the wire are neatly secured to the beams at 90 degrees...so long as it works.

so my conclusion...time to start making some real money...and stop always worrying about hiding the wires and making it look like a real tidy job...because at the end of the day when the customer climbs in the roof he doesnt know the difference betwen the aerial wire the allarm wire and the intercom wire...so why go to all that troble making my job look neat when all the other wires look like cr*p...you cant even see my wires amongst the mess most of the time.