Thread: Drivers licenses

Thanks

Drivers licenses

On the news just now:

From now on if you apply for a code 10,11,12 14, or what ever heavy duty license and get this, you are not automatically entitled to drive a car/bakkie ( code 8 ).
    You have to specifically apply for and get a code 8 license.

Up to now one could get a code 14 and drive all the lower codes except motorcycle on the same license.

I wonder what the reasoning behind this is ? Being able to drive a superlink one cannot drive a Toyota bakkie ? Makes no sense to me !
    As it is, the testing centers are so congested in any case but I guess it is the MONEY again. Just a reminder again that we live in Africa !
    Martin Coetzee
    Supplier of Stainless Steel Band and Buckle and various fastening systems. Steel, Plastic, Galvanized, PET and Poly woven.
    We solve your fastening problems.
    www.straptite.com

You may never know what results will come from your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results... Rudy Malan 05/03/2011

Thanks
    Just to add...........all old licenses remain valid.
    The new law comes into effect in Feb 2011.
    Martin Coetzee
    Supplier of Stainless Steel Band and Buckle and various fastening systems. Steel, Plastic, Galvanized, PET and Poly woven.
    We solve your fastening problems.
    www.straptite.com

You may never know what results will come from your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results... Rudy Malan 05/03/2011

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinco View Post
    On the news just now:

From now on if you apply for a code 10,11,12 14, or what ever heavy duty license and get this, you are not automatically entitled to drive a car/bakkie ( code 8 ).
    You have to specifically apply for and get a code 8 license.
    Martin
    Having my daughters go through the trauma of getting a licence in the past few years, I think I know were this comes from. They both got their licences in the third test. They said they saw a lot of young girls going for tests in the trucks and the driving instructor told them the actual road test in a truck is a lot easier to pass then they will also be able to drive a car. With the absolute nonsense going around getting a licence good luck to them for using this loophole. I hear it is only from Feb next year that this applies.
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Suspended
    Thanks
    there are various parts of the code 8 license which are bypassed when you go for code 10...one is the paralel parking you dont have to do it for code 10

i believe it is a money making racket because if you see how many youngsters fail for such minor faults...i know at one of the testing grounds the inspectors accept R1000 to make sure you pass 1 st time...which i dont agree with but hey considering the driving school costs and time wasted if you can get your license first time for sure what a saving...just like the licesn renewal money making racket...they are making millions.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    As mentioned above, it's easier to get your code 10 than code 8.

What troubles me most about this though is it probably means more tests - and they seem to be struggling to cope with existing volumes