i have been supplying and installing matelec day/night switch for years...

just recently every one i installed was faulty...they had to be returned and replaced with a different make because the whole batch was faulty so there was no stock...by the way the national ones i installed in the mean time are all still working...but cost R80 more

all the units i installed 2 years ago are now having to be replaced...out of warranty...so the customer has to pay for a new one and the call out fee.

and even others that are not even 1 year old starting to give problems.

no big deal they tell you to return it to the supplier where you purchased it and you can exchange it...

now my question is who must pay the call out fee to keep returning these units...it was no big deal before because i would replaced the odd one here and there

it is now becoming a problem for 2 reasons 1 the customers are complaing that they have to pay for the call out fee to keep replacing them...and the ones that the customers dont pay for i loose the call out fee...

do you think the manufacter should pay for the call out?

i have already contacted my supplier to inform them that if by some chance he suplies me with one of these units again i will charge them for the call fee.

i would rather supply my customers with a slightly more expensive unit and save myself and the customer the hassle.