Thread: Hi if you are a manager do you think you could answer these questions for me please?

Thanks

Hi if you are a manager do you think you could answer these questions for me please?

Hello if you are a manager for a large business like safeway/savemart/macy's or any kind of large business i was hoping you could answer a few questions i have for educational purposes. thanks.

1.Name of person, Title, company name, company address and phone number.

2.Is this a profit-making or non-profit company? Which type of ownership is the business operating under?

3.How did you obtain this management position; that is, what background and experience enabled you to get this job? How long have you been the manager?

4.What skills, abilities, and knowledge are most important in successfully performing your job?

5.What kinds of problems do you spend most of your time on? (examples: planning, budgeting, customer relations, personnel, quality control, report-writing, etc.)

6.What major changes do you anticipate in your industry in the next 5-10 years? (Examples:computerization, goverment regulations, more foreign competition, changing workforce, environmental problems, decreased demand for your product, technology change, etc.)

7.To what extent is your business affected by general economic conditions, such as a recession?

8.What advice would you give to someone wanting to go into management today?

This is actually an assignment for one of my college classes but i would greatly appreciate if you took a few moments to answer these questions for me.
    PLEASE reply.. the final deadline for the assignment is nearby
    Thanks - Eugene

Thanks
    A little too specific for a general survey Eugene. What is the actual purpose of the survey and why would a USA college course be interested in SA business to the point of needing names and phone numbers?

Thanks
    I am in a introduction to business (bus 82) at a commutity college and this is one of the assignments. But i really need to have these questions answered by someone. i'm not asking for personal phone numbers and addresses but the phone number and address of the work place. Please. The assignment does not require SA names and phone numbers but just a managers name and company phone number of a large company. I just found this forum online using a google search and i assure you that this is for educational purposes ONLY.

And if you just gave me your first name for the interview i wouldnt care i would just write down "Mr.Eugene" for example. I am desperate to get this assignment finished. If you want you can write your name as blank even and i'll note that the interviewed person did not provide his name. but please answer the rest. I'm very desperate to get this assingment done.

by the way. it's supposed to be an "interview" but an online interview would be the same thing.

sorry for the misunderstanding.
    Last edited by MasterrEugene; 15-Oct-10 at 07:43 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It's the weekend BABY! Which roughly translated means "you might get disappointed doing it this way, and here, today." Answering that lot could take a lot of typing.

You might want to go head-hunting on LinkedIn as a backup if your deadline is tight. It might also mean you find exactly the people you're looking for - perhaps closer to home - where you could give them a call.

Thanks
    I honestly feel awkward disturbing a manager on his work time and am much more comfortable asking people online. My professor actually wanted us to turn in the paper at the end of the week at a certain building as a final deadline. (not directly to him but to a person in that building asking to give the paper to him)

See the actual due date for the paper was wednesday and the reason i chose not to do it was because my friend told me it WASN'T due wednesday when it actually was. Please understand that this really is urgent.

and if you could give me a summarized version of answering the questions i would still be satisfied in just getting the job done.

please.... time is running out - i could get an online interview and if my teacher has any concerns i could notify him of how i obtained the interviews. It's still the same concepts and information.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Eugene - here's your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterrEugene View Post
    Hello if you are a manager for a large business like safeway/savemart/macy's or any kind of large business
    That's not me or anyone else likely to be lingering here on a Friday night - currently 8.40pm in South Africa. Relying on TFSA right now is a long shot.

Find a big online business group where it's heading towards Friday midday for most of the members and post there, like in Los Angeles. Or better yet - Hawaii.

And I still think LinkedIn is one of your better shots.