Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chinglish

Thanks
    Did you pay the supplier 100% directly on order or is the funds in escrow until delivery to you?

Email problem
    Thanks
    I don't know how you think of chinglish.
    but for me ,chinglish is a proud thing to talk about.

My english is not native AE or BE, but I do like my chinglish cause it is the proof of the spreading of english in china. Once english had been a burden for chinese people, we tried to learn it in order to communicate with english speaking country people. If we totally follow the former way of speaking english, our thought and mind wil follow that way. As all english speaking people know that, AE is full of [r] pronunciation, BE is too gentle or nobe somehow for us. So we update it into our own way, chinglish(this is the innovation).
    I want some day people would say, what kind of english do you speak: american english, british english or chinglish?

Did you guys understand the chinglish thinking style yet?
    we just want you to understand our way of speaking english, you don't have to follow or change your way.(from our deep heart)

good good study, day day up!

3. Thank given for this post:

Dave A (28-Sep-10), wynn (29-Sep-10)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Alex - I bet far more Chinese people are trying to learn to speak English, than English people trying to speak Chinese.

I am sure that Chinese people also giggle at English people who try to speak Chinese. I don't think that anybody means any disrespect, its just human nature to smile at people and things that are unusual.

Email problem
    Thanks
    adrianh
    what you have talked about is all right.
    First the number of the people have decide the result.

we all learn and share to each other now, when we start to try to speak not native english, when you start to notice the existence of chinglish, when we start to talk about chinglish, when we try to let the others know your culture and language.
    I hope we could be friend.
    thanks

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Friends - of course

Tell me more about yourself -

What business are you in?
    Is it you own business?
    How is the business doing?

Silver Member
    Thanks
    You guys making such a big fuss ... just buy a little R10 mabob off the guys on the side of the road and you can pretend to laser cut :P

You can even make star wars light saber sounds :P
    If you need any Accounting, Tax or even Financial Management advice, PM me and I'll try help and keep your information confidential.

Visit my Android ZA website - a website dedicated to Google Android in South Africa - www.androidza.co.za

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    @eitai2001 - You got me, I have no idea what you are talking about!

9. Thanks given for this post:

robinsonwang (30-Sep-10)

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Lol ... I'm talking about those cheap R10 lasers for kids :P
    If you need any Accounting, Tax or even Financial Management advice, PM me and I'll try help and keep your information confidential.

Visit my Android ZA website - a website dedicated to Google Android in South Africa - www.androidza.co.za

11. Thanks given for this post:

robinsonwang (30-Sep-10)

Thanks
    Asia is full of chinglish - amusing initially but annoying after a while. For the most part Chinese companies don't want to shell out a few hundred bucks to get their promo material translated properly. They just give it to one of their employees (or a niece of nephew) who studied English for a few years part time and who then translates directly from Chinese to English, with often mind-boggling results. For a really funny look at chinglish check out http://www.engrish.com.

13. Thanks given for this post:

robinsonwang (30-Sep-10)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by orpaspar View Post
    Asia is full of chinglish - amusing initially but annoying after a while. For the most part Chinese companies don't want to shell out a few hundred bucks to get their promo material translated properly. They just give it to one of their employees (or a niece of nephew) who studied English for a few years part time and who then translates directly from Chinese to English, with often mind-boggling results. For a really funny look at chinglish check out http://www.engrish.com.
    what you are talking about have been done by most the family companies, but it's better now in some big company. With a number of overseas students return back, the level of english in Asian soutries is getting improving. As more communicating with the english speaking coutries, the understanding of english in China will be much more standard and native.
    English was my major in my university years but what we have done is we try to pronounancing english correct, we try to be able to follow the english speaking speed, we tried to learn more american and british history and culture courses.
    My bachelor degree paper was writing about Chinglish, I have noticed the chinglish appearance but I can't avoid speaking chinglish. That's something related to the adjusting to new things.
    Chinglish is a new school of english now,can't it ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.