Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will you sign up for a newsletter that provides solutions to marketing issues?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    OK - you made me look

I've got to admit, I like your blog

Let me know when you've got a subscribe link going.
    Thanks Dave, there is a subscribe link on the blog

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyD View Post
    Interesting blog but I have little interest in marketing ergo little interest in a newsletter. Thanks.
    Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    The problem is that of relevance at the time. I do a lot of different things in terms of the business and in my private life which requires access to a lot of information. If I were to read newsletters on the topics that I am interested in I would spend 24 hours a day reading newsletters.

I like to research each topic at my own pace. If the topic of the day is laser engraving (or whatever) I would spend many hours trawling for information, gather it all together and assimilate it at my own pace.

I am quite ADD and have a terrible short term memory. I tend to forget whatever I read unless it really tickles me or I really concentrate on the topic for a long time.

There are many issues to deal with at the moment which keep me occupied 18 hours a day at work, and roll around in my dreams at night. Having limited resources (the limited capacity of my brain) means that I have to devote my time to the most important tasks. Reading newsletters of any sort that may or may not have a bearing on the business or task at hand is simply too expensive in terms of oppertunity cost.

but...

If I were to know that you had an excellent blog and information relevant to my needs at the time, that is well written and easy to navigate, then the day that I feel the need to research the topic I am sure to spend a couple of hours reading your work.
    I agree, we live in the age of information overload and I also don’t read all of the newsletters I subscribe to. That being said, I don’t want to make this ‘just another marketing newsletter’, I hope that the topics covered on a bi-weekly / monthly basis will be of interest to business owners (I imagine mostly small business owners) because they can relate to the problems discussed (i.e. how to build customer loyalty or how to improve print ads to increase leads).

Thanks

Good Blog..and Information

I’ve been toying with the idea to start a weekly / bi-weekly newsletter in which I answer marketing-related questions.
    Every bussines start with a idea..and with good plan..and burning desire..you will take action ..and get your goal.Don't Give Up

You have a very good blog..try to shorten your niche to a specific group of people than work your way up for more visitors,...You can also use Many Marketing Techniques...

Here is a e-book where you can find good information to monetize your blog... Download Straight Here

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by G Robin View Post
    Every bussines start with a idea..and with good plan..and burning desire..you will take action ..and get your goal.Don't Give Up

You have a very good blog..try to shorten your niche to a specific group of people than work your way up for more visitors,...You can also use Many Marketing Techniques...

Here is a e-book where you can find good information to monetize your blog... Download Straight Here
    Thanks for the link and the nice comment re my blog, I appreciate it The niche for my agency is small businesses – marketing strategies and implementation plans based on their specific marketing budgets and resources. I really have to blog more often, I have all these ideas that are floating around in my head.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    My clientbase is generally wealthy 40-70 year old men who do not know what facebook or twitter is and probably wouldn't bother with it if they did. 60% of my marketing is word of mouth, 30% via normal snail mail and the rest on the net. I am yet to find the MD of a big company who cares about social media (in his personal capacity).

Then you must also remember that very few people in South Africa have access to the internet, let alone the the skill to use it...maybe 1Mil out of 48Mil

Marketers have the entire issue upside down - The issue is not how to use Twitter or Facebook or social media. The issue is how to reach your target market. If you are a plumber then Twitter ain't going to do anything for you.

I think tha the most important thing about marketing is understanding human nature - if you know who the customer is then you need to know how to sell to him - if you sell to him you must try to up-sell, cross-sell and you need to be sure that he will buy from you again. People are really strange, they won't buy from my catalog but they will beat each other up on Bid or Buy and Ebay to pay more than the catalog price. I know the customers well and I have sent them catalogs. Some customers take no interest in a product in a catalog, then one day I send them a picture of something else with the product in question in the backround - now they want the product in the backround.

The point that I am trying to make is that we need to know how to get inside the head of the target customer.

You must read Dan Ariely's Predictably Irrational & The Upside of Irrationality to see what I mean about having to market to people in a totally sideways manner.

Thanks
    As a one man operation, I appreciate any advice I can get. I believe that a marketing newsletter that covers the South African context would be an asset. So, sign me up!
    Michael Vella
    Web Presence Solutions - www.solutionsweb.co.za

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    My clientbase is generally wealthy 40-70 year old men who do not know what facebook or twitter is and probably wouldn't bother with it if they did. 60% of my marketing is word of mouth, 30% via normal snail mail and the rest on the net. I am yet to find the MD of a big company who cares about social media (in his personal capacity).

Then you must also remember that very few people in South Africa have access to the internet, let alone the the skill to use it...maybe 1Mil out of 48Mil

Marketers have the entire issue upside down - The issue is not how to use Twitter or Facebook or social media. The issue is how to reach your target market. If you are a plumber then Twitter ain't going to do anything for you.

I think tha the most important thing about marketing is understanding human nature - if you know who the customer is then you need to know how to sell to him - if you sell to him you must try to up-sell, cross-sell and you need to be sure that he will buy from you again. People are really strange, they won't buy from my catalog but they will beat each other up on Bid or Buy and Ebay to pay more than the catalog price. I know the customers well and I have sent them catalogs. Some customers take no interest in a product in a catalog, then one day I send them a picture of something else with the product in question in the backround - now they want the product in the backround.

The point that I am trying to make is that we need to know how to get inside the head of the target customer.

You must read Dan Ariely's Predictably Irrational & The Upside of Irrationality to see what I mean about having to market to people in a totally sideways manner.
    I don’t agree with all the points you make but I’m not going to get into it, that’s not the point of this thread What I do agree with is ‘the issue is how to reach your target market.’ I find that this is something that most of my clients struggle with, to find ways to target their market efficiently. Like you said, social media is not a marketing channel that can be utilised by every business. On the other hand, my idea behind the newsletter is to provide business owners with the opportunity to ask marketing-related questions and have them answered. Hopefully, even those subscribers that don’t ask questions will find some value in the newsletter’s content.

I haven’t read Predictably Irrational and The Upside of Irrationality yet, I’m definitely going to put it on my reading list. Thanks for the tip and your input!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by solweb View Post
    As a one man operation, I appreciate any advice I can get. I believe that a marketing newsletter that covers the South African context would be an asset. So, sign me up!
    Thanks Michael, business owners like you are my target market for the newsletter. Please send me your email address in a private message and I’ll add you to the subscriber list?

Thanks

Target Market

Hi,
    The internet is about people and people want solutions...The internet are full of information....for free...for their solutions.When you break up people in different groups....you will get zillions of ideas.

People don't have patience,they are typically "lazy" or procrastinate, and will buy anthing they want just to save time.

To brain storm and come up with ideas....like getting mind map from google..
    to see the statistics where visitors click...

Woman visitors are different from Man visitors with clicking a web page,advertisement area etc.

When walking in the street South Africa,most people have a mobile phone,that mobile phone are a target market for internet use...

Remember when we look back 100 years from now,things was not the same,there was no lights or telephones...people progressing in life..and 15 years back from now ..there was no mobile phone activities,and internet resouces.etc. So what that mean people are growing...and things get better...South Africa are a good growing market to explore all this benefits,the more people want to know about the internet.

Internet Marketing are world wide,when not succeed with a target market in South Africa,there thousands of other countries and resources.The options is broad.

So people want solutions for their problems,worries and curiousity...give it to them and you can make profit.To just believe in yourself are a very good road to follow.

Woman Multitask and man can't multi task...There so much small unexplored benefits that..that can be use to..research the target market and all the software are avaible with statistics...

Just share my thought

Thanks
    Gino

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast