Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My returns list.

Centurion (behind the Boerewors curtain), Pretoria.
    Thanks

Wink UIF for domestic workers...

When UIF for domestic workers first came in, I asked for a number (which I was actually allocated - yippee something worked to start with).

I then told them I would be paying annually (on a form on their website which seems to have now changed format) and promtly paid the full year's UIF contributions up front as even if my domestic had left in the first quarter of the year it was cheaper than when paying banking fees for a monthly debit order! (I pay both amounts so I didn't just take a chunk of money out of her wages in one shot...)

In the three(?) years since then I have received a monthly UIF form. For the first six months, I religiously sent it back to them saying that I had already paid and would they please stop wasting the fund's precious funds (sic) by sending me an item of mail every month.

So, nowdays I just turf the monthly UIF letter in the recycle bin, make a payment on the 1st March each year and keep proof of the payment on file. Sorted. One less thing to remember each month.

Cheers
    A

www.2B-Marketing.co.za
    "Practical marketing support for South African SMMEs."
    Last edited by Ann Williams; 07-Jun-07 at 09:51 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Hmm. I've followed this up with UIF - I'll enclose the whole sequence in the order of correspondence:

Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2007 3:56 PM
    To: Enquiries (UIF)
    Subject: Re: uFiling returns and payment via SARS

Greetings,

I've been paying my UIF contributions via SARS eFiling for some years now. However, I learnt a little while ago that this did not help track exactly who the employees were that should be credited for these contributions.

With the recent introduction of uFiling, I have registered and have been filing uFiling returns each month and continued making payment via SARS eFiling.

I note though that the returns submitted by uFiling, even those of a few months ago, are still marked as unpaid. I considered trying to have these resolved by using the manual payment option in uFiling, but the details required do not match with the payment confirmation information provided by SARS.

Could you please advise as to how I should proceed in this.

With thanks

Dave Alcock.

Sent: 20 June 2007 11:53 AM
    To: dave@
    Subject: RE: uFiling returns and payment via SARS

Dear Client

With reference to your email below, Ufiling is for the employers who dont make their contributions at SARS, then you need to complete the registration forms for your employees so that the paid monies to SARS be allocated to them, attached receive Ui-19 form to register your employees.

Regards
    Tsumbedzo

Mailto:webmaster@
    Tel012)337-1864

Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2007 12:32 PM
    To: Webmaster (UIF-HQ)
    Subject: RE: uFiling returns and payment via SARS

Dear Tsumbedzo,

Thank you for your reply. Perhaps at the risk of sounding a little silly, I wish to make sure I understand this correctly.

Companies registered and making payments on SARS eFiling must not register and use UIF uFiling as a means of informing UIF of employee registrations, terminations and salary/UIF contributions. You require we manually complete the Ui-19 form as per this clause:

An employer must by the seventh day of each month inform the Commissioner of any changes arising during the previous month regarding the employer's contact details or employees remuneration details including new appointments and termination of service

and send this manually completed Ui-19 form by fax or post to UIF for capture in your system.

Please could you confirm that my understanding of this is correct.

With thanks

Dave Alcock

Dear Client

With reference to your email below, you are correct you will then need to complete the form for any changes.

Regards
    Tsumbedzo

Mailto:webmaster
    Tel012)337-1864

So whatcha reckon - next stop SARS?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    So whatcha reckon - next stop SARS?
    I reckon that if you send in the form, they'll start sending you returns in the post every month!
    [SIGPIC]Engineer Simplicity[/SIGPIC]
    Turn ideas into products | The Art of Engineering blog

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I think the forms are strictly by request - not automatically distributed.

I have sent in manual forms in the past. I downloaded it off the website and saved a copy for each company with all the company details already filled in. The thing that bugs me is that they don't capture the information. That is why I thought this uFiling was so sweet. Direct into the system. What could be better.

But now we need to submit it manually. Ironically, it's less work for me doing it manually, but easier to track - which I see as a big plus.

It just seems to defeat the automation benefits from their side and the easy convenience from my side. But then, maybe someone doesn't want that level of clarity.

Thanks
    It is the same answer I got from them when I enquired about it recently: manually submit the UI-19 to register.
    [SIGPIC]Engineer Simplicity[/SIGPIC]
    Turn ideas into products | The Art of Engineering blog

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    This is crazy - all they need to do is add a payment method where you give the SARS payment reference - no big deal I'd have thought.

I mean, as webmaster, the guy's probably in for a R100 million for making the change, judging by the eNaTIS business.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Aha! We have progress. DoL is working on connecting eFiling made payments with uFiling returns. Currenty the snag is getting SARS to allow a connection into their system to verify payment (according to source).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123