Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: HSPDA problem

Thanks
    Thanked 2,678 Times in 2,259 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It still shouldn't affect local browsing, I'd have thought.

If there was an "event" that brought Telkom ADSL to its knees, it was around 11.00 am yesterday (6 Feb 2008). It was a very sudden and very noticable drop in performance

But here's what I don't get...

I've developed a checklist of procedures and questions from previous occasions of trying to figure out speed issues. When I've finally got through (on no less than 3 occassions so far), there has been no talk of a known problem - in my area or anywhere else. In fact they've all gone "You're the only one in your area to report a problem" and "there isn't a general problem with the network."

EDIT: I recall now that v3g reported they'd brokered connections with both SAIX and UUNet a while ago. I'll say this for Vodacom - they don't do things in half measure.
    Last edited by Dave A; 07-Feb-08 at 08:55 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,678 Times in 2,259 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My home phone line problem was fixed on Sunday. However, I'm still getting daily reports that Telkom is yet to deal with my ADSL line problem.

I suppose I should be grateful for the prompt service on my home line - repaired only 3 days after reporting the fault.
    A Telkom telephone line has been dead for five months, despite complaints having been logged with the telecoms company, Mitchell Krog, a West Rand resident said on Monday.

Khulani Qoma, Telkom media spokesperson told Sapa it was not always immediately clear what caused problems.

"We would be commenting in darkness. We need to find out why they advised the customer wrongly," said Qoma.

"At Telkom what we do [now] is we take the reference number of the faulty line and the relevant department will be able to find a way of helping" he said.
    full story from IOL here

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345