i got a letter from standard bank offering me an access living card...which works like this...

like an access bond...you can have an access card which allows you to...for example like i want to do is repaint my entire house...and we all know how expensive that is now days...you need an access bond to pay for it...anyway back to the point...i call them to get more details...

first i am told the call is being recorded...no problem with that...

then i am told they need to do a credit check...no problem with that but cant understand why...considering i am only borrowing money i have already paid off on my bond...i am not requesting a higher bond.

then i am told i have to supply bank accounts and payslips etc....so now i start getting wary so i enquire why all the details...

now heres the small print...your bond will be recalculated...interest charged and additionla fees etc etc etc...the bottom line i will being paying a lot more for the additional amount than present bond...i instructed the consultant to leave everything as it is and not to the change anything...thanked him and put down the phone...eeeeish i should have known better...standard bank never offers anything unless there is money to be made by them.

need to work a little harder to pay for the paint then roll up my sleeves and learn to paint...lots and lots of plastic to cover everything...in fact the way i paint it might pay me to move out for a couple of months