Can anyone tell me how it is possible that the NCR(National Credit Regulator)
can claim it is excempt from the following VAT clause?
-
"PRICES DISPLAYED, ADVERTISED OR QUOTED

An increasing number of advertisements placed show prices that do not include VAT. When you place an advertisement, it is your responsibility and not that of the publisher to ensure that the prices advertised include VAT. It is acceptable to show the price excluding VAT, the amount of VAT and the price including VAT as long as each is displayed with equal prominence. The same principle applies when marking goods for display or issuing quotes. If you do not follow this rule and there is a dispute, the price that is indicated will be taken as including VAT and you could suffer financial loss."-

In my opinion this clause was made specifically to clear up any disputes as to how prices should be displayed. I have received an opinion form SARS themselves saying they agree with me, that if you state a price without mention VAT, it inlcudes VAT, yet a binding VAT ruling would set me back R2500.

Do I have any other options here? In my opinion EVERYONE should follow the price you see is the price you pay VAT clause. But how do I get the NCR to admit this fact?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.