Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anaesthetist rates

Suspended
    Thanks

anaesthetist rates

people you need to negotiate the rate at the point where you are told you need an operation...not when you are lying on the bed with no underwear on and scared out of your wits...because they might do something wrong if you argue.

i have found this to be an extremely embarrassing situation...

while waiting in a hospital to do theatre inspections i was listening to the poor patients trying to negotiate the rates with these people it is absolutley appauling that you have to do this.

they charge from R1800.00 and up for a couple of minutes work.

and to top it all if you wake up on the operating table like i did...i should be able to sue the clothes off his back....this is why i believe they should have cameras in the theatres for patient protection...the horrific experience i had to endue while awake...will haunt me for the rest of my life...it was the worst nightmare i have ever had...only difference it was real.

i managed to get off the operating table but my arm was strapped onto the table so they pushed me against the bed and gave 3 injection to try knock me out...i heard the one sister tell the person who was injecting me that they could not give me any more it would kill me...

my point is...dont leave it till the last minute...if you need to negotiate do it well in advance...abd get it in writting.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by murdock View Post
    people you need to negotiate the rate at the point where you are told you need an operation...not when you are lying on the bed with no underwear on and scared out of your wits...because they might do something wrong if you argue.

i have found this to be an extremely embarrassing situation...

while waiting in a hospital to do theatre inspections i was listening to the poor patients trying to negotiate the rates with these people it is absolutley appauling that you have to do this.

they charge from R1800.00 and up for a couple of minutes work.

and to top it all if you wake up on the operating table like i did...i should be able to sue the clothes off his back....this is why i believe they should have cameras in the theatres for patient protection...the horrific experience i had to endue while awake...will haunt me for the rest of my life...it was the worst nightmare i have ever had...only difference it was real.

i managed to get off the operating table but my arm was strapped onto the table so they pushed me against the bed and gave 3 injection to try knock me out...i heard the one sister tell the person who was injecting me that they could not give me any more it would kill me...

my point is...dont leave it till the last minute...if you need to negotiate do it well in advance...abd get it in writting.
    Wow, that's hectic ... if I may ask, what were you in surgery for? That was my friends fear when he went into surgery, I told him it doesn't happen ... just in the movies, you are definitely the first person I've heard it actually happen to, must have been horrific.
    If you need any Accounting, Tax or even Financial Management advice, PM me and I'll try help and keep your information confidential.

Visit my Android ZA website - a website dedicated to Google Android in South Africa - www.androidza.co.za

Suspended
    Thanks
    the time i woke up...was from a bad accident...

the first operation went well...3 hours was the max they could block the blood supply to my arm...so they did what they could...they had to reconstruct my hand...but because there were chunks of meat missing from sliding on the road without leathers...and then from the imapact the bones where sticking out thru the skin...i had to wait a couple weeks for it to heal so they could open up the elbow and remove all the broken pieces of bone...i was told there is no elbow replacement kits...only knee replacements at the time...so they they just cut the acrooss the elbow and pulled the skin back...to gain access and clean out...thats when i woke up...i opened my eyes looked straight up at the anaesthatist...saw all the lights at first i didnt relise what was going on until i saw my elbow which was strapped onto some type of metal frame...which is what kept me from getting away...i climbed off the table and try to get way all the people in the room pushed me against the table and injected me with what ever it was...after the 3 rd injection i heard someone tell who ever was injecting me that they couldnt give me anymore otherwise it would kill me...i dont know how long it took but i enventually went up...when i woke up i was in the most horrific pain i have even been....had headaches and my arm felt like your thumb feels when you whack it with a hammer and you want to drill a hole into it to release the pressure....i have had numerous operation and never had such a bad experience nor been in some much pain.

by the way i had 4 beers in the morning so when i had the accident late that afternoon they told me they could give me anything for pain and i had to wait till the next morning for the parts to rebuild my hand to come from JHB...they had to pull the bones back into place as best they could...and push all the little bones in my hand back into position as bes they could...lucky for me the surgoen did this and i had a leather belt...you pass out at a certain pain threshhold...so it couldnt have been that bad because i didnt pass out my wife always tells me us guys are just big ninnies and cry for nothing...well ihave never given birth but if it worse what i went thru...man i feel for you women out there who give natural birth without the big injection.

i decided to rather get a super bike after that accident...they stop alot faster...and did over 50 000 km of riding and only had 3 minor accidents.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Well my medical aid is going to get an ear full. A little while ago, I was in for an emergency operation. Now I have a good medical, it is suppose to cover “everything” 100% But now I get SMS’s and frightening phone calls from the anaesthetist “Interesting Coincidence”

The problem was I was nearly dead, and wasn’t able to understand anything at all because of the constant vomiting and massif pain in my chest. I wasn’t able to find the room! I walked like zombie until a family member helped me. “Oh and yes it is a private hospital”

Still all they are interested in is money! I got approval from my medical and the operation was done. Here is the thing now I must pay in a stupid amount of R900 because my medical did not cover the full amount. Now what the hell IS the full amount! “I will get back to you on that” Because I am bend on finding out.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Suspended
    Thanks
    you lucky i had to pay over R6000 additional costs not covered by medical aid with pre-authourisation...some of the doctors rates where 600 % more than medical aid rates and we had top up cover and hospital cover but they only cover up to 300 % over medical aid rates.

this whole medical aid story is another story...someone needs to sit down and put this absolute rubbish to an end once and for all...i think doctors and hospitals just rape the system...because they can...they make you sign away your rights to sueing them and them rape the medical aod system...

all hospitals should have cameras and doctors should be held accountable for there mistakes...

as long as we create a enviroment for these peole they will keep abusing it...much like the theft...if you buy stolen goods you are just as guilty as the thief...the goverment should step in an put limits on rates...

when the hospital tells you you need to stay till 1 pm just know you are paying for a whole addtional day...i hear this happens frequently...

i joked about the price of medicine at the pharmecy and told the fella at the counter it seemed lie the doctor had shares in the medicine companies and he laughed and said most of them do...thats why they will prescibe specific brands.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Well, all I say is don’t put 100% cover on your policy if it’s not 100% that you are providing. I had a scan trough my policy and there is no gray aria. It is as it stands 100% medical for ALL operations and it includes everything.

The money that “invested” in my medical cover is a lot. But I always thought that if you pay for the best then you get the best cover. I got there policy just waiting for the hospital to provide me with the approval documentation from my medical for the operation. Then there is going to be hell to pay.

Last year my brother had an operation done. His Medical aid refused to pay for the operation but there policy states full cover. We ended up paying R29000 for 1 day at the private hospital and operation itself. This excluded food. We had to bring him food from home. The worst thing was, that his condition was critical in nature and he could have died.

I have said it a million times before, I have no respect for doctors and hospital staff. The truth is you are just meat to them.
    peace is a state of mind

Suspended
    Thanks
    when it comes to medical aid...hospitals and doctors...100 % means a portion of cover...10/10...not for medical you need to get 15 sometimes even 16/10 to get by.

and before they even look at you the first piece of paper you sign is who will pay the bill and the second signiture is if they dont pay you as the person submitting the forms will be liable for all cost...no matter who you are...so be careful of booking a person into hospital.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Another word for that type of contract is entrapment. However NO contract can give anyone including a doctor the right to KILL YOU!!! That is also true. You pay for his/ her expertise if you didn’t get it you can go to a lawyer because malpractice is malpractice regardless of paperwork.

Also remember:

Chapter 2 – Bill of Rights

27. Health care, food, water and social security

1. Everyone has the right to have access to:

a. health care services, including reproductive health care;
    b. sufficient food and water; and

c. social security, including, if they are unable to support themselves and their dependants, appropriate social assistance.

2. The state must take reasonable legislative and other measures, within its available resources, to achieve the progressive realisation of each of these rights.

3. No one may be refused emergency medical treatment.

If you are in need of emergency medical treatment, and you are being refused take names and numbers because it’s illegal!
    peace is a state of mind

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tec0 View Post
    Another word for that type of contract is entrapment. However NO contract can give anyone including a doctor the right to KILL YOU!!! That is also true. You pay for his/ her expertise if you didn’t get it you can go to a lawyer because malpractice is malpractice regardless of paperwork.

Also remember:

Chapter 2 – Bill of Rights

27. Health care, food, water and social security

1. Everyone has the right to have access to:

a. health care services, including reproductive health care;
    b. sufficient food and water; and

c. social security, including, if they are unable to support themselves and their dependants, appropriate social assistance.

2. The state must take reasonable legislative and other measures, within its available resources, to achieve the progressive realisation of each of these rights.

3. No one may be refused emergency medical treatment.

If you are in need of emergency medical treatment, and you are being refused take names and numbers because it’s illegal!
    i would like to see you try that at a private hospital in durban

...many years ago i was riding in the bush with some mates and we had a head on collision...the other guys handlebar went thru my arm and he flew over the handle bars and got bad roasties from head to toe...yip riding without protective gear....anyway we got entabeni hospital anf they refused to treat him because he had no medical aid...he had to go to addington...he was only attended to 4 hours later.

Suspended
    Thanks
    i have seen an ad on TV for hospital plans paying out...UP TO R5000 per day

people beware these so called up to R5000 per day to do what ever you want with only kick in after 3 days...now honestly how many people have stayed in hospital longer than 3 days....think about....another scam...to rob you of your hard earned over taxed money.

another scam going on is the medical aids...the doctor sends you the bill and threatens you will all sorts of stuff and warns you that you have to pay and claim from your medical aid...tell them to fly kite thats what the medical aid is for and then only when you receive the balance once the medical aid has paid...see what the difference is then pay it.

the rates doctors charge in this day and age cover for the 6 months they wait for their money and still make enough money to live a weathly life style...and remember most tof them have shares in the medical supply companies too so dont feel bad...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast