When I started my new shop last year November I got quotes from different security companies and picked the one I thought was best. I started having problems with them pretty quickly, calls at odd hours telling me that the alarm had gone off, about once or twice a week.. This went on for a couple of months, during that time they sent over a technician once. The problem it seems was that I was on a radio system, which is unreliable. I eventually gave up with them and moved to a company that I had been using and we switched the system to GPRS which now works fine.

We informed the first company that we had switched and with in days they came to remove the radio transmitter – something I thought I had paid for, but it didn’t bother me – as what was I going to do with it?

Later the next month I get an invoice for 1 months security. I phone up to ask why and they say I am on a 3 year contract which I had signed. Certain that this was incorrect, as no one mentioned this to me, and I had only signed a 1 year lease, I went around to their offices to see where I had signed. On the back side of a form with all my details is the contract – which I nether saw nor signed nor at anytime was this pointed out, I did sign the front side though.

They are sending me an invoice every month. It’s time to get my head out the sand, how should I proceed?

(I am writing this before it get's to the situation that POP is in....)