Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm a work at home mom

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Email problem
    Thanks

Smile I'm a work at home mom

Hi

I'm a mom of two kids a boy 11years old and a girl almost 2years old.

I was basically forced to work from home when I was retrenched from my Conveyancing job beginning of last year. I started trying to work online but being a newbie I got scammed over & over I even did those paid to read e-mails that promise you $100 per e-mail that you read LOL I sat there clicking like an idiot thinking that I was going to get rich LOL!!! Well they say you live and you learn!!! Thank goodness I am stubborn because otherwise I would have thrown in the towel a long time ago and become a house wife Blaaa!!!

I had previous experience teaching computer literacy at a college so I started my own computer literacy training business from home and it took off like a bomb!!! I give people 1 on 1 lessons in computer literacy I teach Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet & e-mail. I dropped off business cards and pamphlets at all the local computer shops and advertised in a local classified booklet!! The majority of my clients are between 30 - 80 years old and local businesses. See the reason my business does so well is because I give a personalized service, I go to peoples homes or business offices and give them training on their own computers and the elderly people love me because of my patience they are always calling me out to help them with Face Book or Skype etc. I really make a very good income from this and I'm flexible around my two kids.

But you know there are quiet weeks where I don't have any clients so I had to make a plan to make money in those quiet months so I carried on researching the internet and started chatting in chat forums and that is where I found legitimate online work, it was like overnight it just hit me and then I started earning online for the first time, it was so exciting.

So I built a website based on my online work experience to assist others to find legitimate online work with out being scammed. I'm really excited about my site. I launched it on 16 June 2010 and I've already had 165 visitors and I have 7 members which is apparently really good for a new site.

Anyway what I would like to say to the other moms out there is that it is possible to work from home just hang in there girls you will get there and don't give up, if I can do it so can you.

Best of luck

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Super cool...I like your website.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Contact your local computer repair companies, and ask them what they are most frequently asked for referrals for.
    Or if they have clients who may benefit from basic training.

If you dont already use Microsoft Access: Learn it, Simple, databases created specifically for a small business could potentially be an income for you.

Good luck!

Yvonne

4. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (29-Jun-10)

Email problem
    Thanks
    Thanks Yvonne

The local computer shops mainly get requests for basic computer literacy and Pastel. Unfortunately I can't do the Pastel training courses because I didn't do matric maths or accounting so I refer them to my sister in law who is an accountant and teaches many accounting programs and then she refers the Microsoft Office requests to me.

I do know MS Access and I like your Idea. Thanks

Suspended
    Thanks
    well i know these making money at home is good but you really need to be in the kickhen for once

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nasstil2 View Post
    well i know these making money at home is good but you really need to be in the kickhen for once
    Nasstil, I don't know whether to ban you as a spammer or because of this insulting comment

Oh what the heck - who cares

8. Thanks given for this post:

tonyflanigan (18-Jul-10)

Email problem
    Thanks
    Whats kickhen - I think he meant kichen..... LOL well you got to make money to spend some time in the kichen you know groceries are expencive and let me tell you I make a mean three cheese pasta, lasange and Sunday roast so no problems with spending time cooking for my family and working from home to earn an income!!! LOL

Dave you can ban him for both!!!

Email problem
    Thanks
    Great service you're providing Jaclyn. There is no substitute for honesty and I love how you tell-it-like-it-is: "Working online can be a success if you are disciplined, perseverant, give excellent customer service and work hard."

The get-rich-quick hounds won't believe it but it's true.

Best of luck with your work.
    Last edited by Dave A; 17-Jul-10 at 08:22 PM.

Email problem
    Thanks

Am impressed

hi, have looked at your website and am very impressed that you set up everything by yourself.

Great stuff keep it up!

Thanks
    Good honest Review and the fact that you do off-line marketing is a step ...not many people take,I learn something from you today.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast