Thread: Looking for business partner .

Email problem
    Thanks

Looking for business partner .

Why is it so difficult to find a business partner in South Africa.
    I will give you a short Background. I was a detective in the SAPS and saw shortcomings in the process of missing persons.Not only does the police not have all the information needed . For example burned corpses ext ext.teeth for identification.
    I developed a Mobile Dental x ray Biometric recording clinic (MDXBRC)

I copy and paste a few comment from various people I contacted:
    Dear Kobus,

Whilst a unique, interesting and also useful security measure, a business of this nature is beyond the focus of PicknPay.

You should consider approaching the Industrial Development Corporation (IDC) or Business Partners (formerly the Small Business Development Corporation – SBDC) who do assist small businesses and entrepreneurs.

Thank you for considering PicknPay.

Sincerely

Dennis Cope

I was in contact with various goverment departmentes All showed a keen intrest and we had lots of meetigs with them. Education , Tourism, Safety & Security.CITA, COSATU ( they support this project 100%)
    The problem is they all take their time and I feel they are wasting my time.
    Now this might sound to good to be true. What I need is a person/ company who wants to buy into my idea. The cost will be R4000 000-00. and will pay for itself within half a year.
    I am willing to share my idea with anybody intrested. Kitten Mathews the sister of Min Pandor , proff Ysuf Osmon ( FACULTY OF DENTISTRY & WHO ORAL HEALTH COLLABORATING CENTRE

UNIVERSITY OF THE WESTERN CAPE
    Attie Retief

■ Managing Director ■
    ■ IMMIX Solutions Cape (Pty) Ltd ■
    ■ Tel: +27 86 000 5462 ■ Fax +27 86 619 1428 ■ Mobile: +27 83 284 0013 ■
    ■ Disclaimer: http://www.immix.co.za/business/inde...isclaimer.html
    are a few members of our idea/ business.
    I cannot gave more details about this invention for fear that someone will steel my idea.There is no other invention like this anywhere in the world. It could be implemented on our airports and lots of money could be made.This could create jobs, safety and put us on the forefront of tegnology anywhere in the world.
    Kobus Kirsten
    pisaru@absamail.co.za

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Sounds like you are really looking for a loan, more than a "partner" - and a not too insignificant amount either. (I do admit that venture capital is sort of a partner, but a tough one).

From what I can gather, your only customer will be SAPS. They are struggling to pay for even their most basic of requirments. Are you sure they would spend millions on your machine when they can't even maintain their own vehicles adequately?

Asked as a question for which I don't know the answer - just probing how much investigation into the idea you have really done.

3. Thank given for this post:

Dave A (09-Jun-10), Transport Exchange (18-Jun-10)

Email problem
    Thanks
    We have done quite a lot of research on this project. In fact ISTRODENT a Cape based company awaits funding before they start to build this mobile clinic.
    Yes this project would help the SAPS a lot. Our target market is not the SAPS but all people / businesses in South Africa. There are a lot of similar project but none as comprehensive. Safe-kids, missing children ext ext. None of them includes panorex radiograph. If something happen to a missing person radiographs of the head (teeth ) and neck region even if it is a skeleton can be used to match the panarex radiograph on our database and confirm or refute the identity of the person.Biomatric finger printing and photographic scanners also include the persons information.
    With the large volume of missing and unidentified persons cases , a computer aided dental identification system becomes inevitable.
    The benifits of having the systerm to society will surpass savings of millions of rands to also include psychological benifits of families of missing persons when knowing the disposition their loved ones without having to wait extented period of time.

Gold Member
    Thanks
    I don't expect you to give out details of the product, but it may be an easier sell to an investor if they can fully understand who the specific customer is and how they can profit from this investment.

I have done no research on this market, but my gut feel and views are the following:

- The only time anyone will spend money on missing persons is when they have already gone missing. So your target market is not "all people", only relatives or friends of missing people.
    - I would guess that most people with missing family would not be able to afford any services, but would rather expect the police to sort it out.
    - Any investor is unlikely to be interested in "savings of millions to society". They want to know what profit they can make from it.
    - How much is someone who can afford it likely to be prepared to pay for "peace of mind" to know their relatives disposition? How many people are there like this, right now?

I don't mean to be negative. As long as you can answer these questions to an investor, you may have a better chance of getting the investment.

6. Thanks given for this post:

Dave A (09-Jun-10)

Email problem
    Thanks
    - Any investor is unlikely to be interested in "savings of millions to society". They want to know what profit they can make from it.

Enough said!