Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We have been defrauded of R60K - Please help

Thanks
    Thank you everyone for your advise.

One of my cousins is in the profession, so i'll take your advise and see what she has to say about the situation.

Hopefully we'll be able to sue and get our original equipment back and not have to pay the other 50k.

cheers

Thanks
    Hi

If you are not able to spend the money it will take to proceed legally there are two things you can do to get some action.

One opens a case of theft for the system they removed without permission. They have no right to do this unless they have written permision from you or it is part of a rebait included in sale.

Two report both companies under the new consumer protection act (this act can be downloaded off the web)

Although you have an older complaint the commission is receiving them as long as there is current cause, which you do have.

This will cost you nothing but will put them under investigation which will usually make them want to talk resolution.

Further to this Hymax enter into agreements with any agents that sell their product and thus cannot claim not to have any liability. You should establish from the bank exactly who received payment. If it is Hymax direct you have your link, if it is this other company ask them for the agent’s agreement or SLA between them and Hymax.

If you need further information on how this works I can connect you with a friend of mine who runs a business on this basis selling on behalf of a number of companies, she will be able to give you information.

Bottom line is you were sold something you did not need and convinced to buy based on misrepresented information this is against the consumer protection act. and they will take it up with the parties.

Hope it helps

Thanks
    Sorry one more thing

If Hymax is saying they have no connection with this company. Ask them for a letter stating they did not give permission for them to use their letterhead and business cards, or logo.

Then the other company has committed fraud which you report to the police.

If Hymax admits the other company had permission to use their stationary, they admit to the association and thus need to address this matter.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    legal route is one way--one has to know how far to go. when to pull out.its never been an exact science,unfortunately. you never ever know which way it will swing.

Thanks
    Again, thank you.

I'll post about how this is proceeding.

Nire, I may take up your offer if the need arises. I'll chat to my solicitor friend first.

cheers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12