Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Solution To Crime In South Africa

Thanks
    Much of the difficulty lies in the divergent nature of the two systems of justice - colonial versus tribal.

The challenges will come in how to successfully integrate both of these systems.
    In search of South African Technology Nuggets(R), for sale & trading in South East Asia.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Moral of the story for cable thieves - rather take a taxi. At least there are fewer people on board.

Diamond Member
    Thanks

Cable thieves

DaveA - Good one!

Email problem
    Thanks
    I entred my former workplace in The Strand police station where a lot of complainants were waiting for the more than sleepy police officer to attend to their complaints.I heard a person reported to the police officer that his car which was reported stolen the previous day was found back by himself. The police officer said to the complainent to drive back to his home in the stolen car and that he was to busy and that someone will later come to his house to take a statement. I told the police officer that the vehicle must be cancelled before the owner could drive with the car. I was informed by this officer to keep quite and that it is not the old days. Now I ask you????? What kind?

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Oh dear. That is worrying. He's essentially driving a stolen car. Hope he doesn't get shot at by some gung ho cops.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Not too long ago I remember that two young men were shot at by the police because the police identified the car to be stolen property. I will be honest I can’t remember if both of them died in the end but one did die. Then it was found that not only was it the wrong car it was the wrong model and make!
    Sadly this was a very costly mistake made by our Police.

So if the police informed the man to drive the stolen car home I would ask to speak to police officer’s superiors immediately.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    Jail sentence with "Hard Labour" would have an effect.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    If you want to fight crime, create jobs... If you want to fight hunger produce enough food. Imprisonment doesn’t solve anything... giving people an alternative to crime I think would be a better start.

Yes you will always get your bad people, but what good will imprisonment do? Look at the American prison system. Some of the most powerful gangs are now being controlled from within prison walls. So the only alternative is the death penalty. But again who will make sure that the death penalty is not being abused?

Hard Labour sounds good, but consider the effect it will have. Officials in the American system used their prisoners for contracting. Road work that kind of thing... in the end the Officials made millions and the prisoners ended up being crippled... In the end the system was scrapped... The point is, before you can introduce any system you need to introduce incorruptible custodians... That is going to be difficult to do...
    peace is a state of mind

Thanks

After The World Cup

The powers that be have instituted a quick process justice system for people caught committing criminal acts during the world cup. Some transgressors that have been caught have been tried, convicted and sentenced. This begs the question as to why this cannot be the norm!!!
    We need to get these people off the streets.

Butch Hannan

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Right now South Africa wants the other countries to see that they are capable... This is true; I myself fear the future of quick justice, because you cannot rule out corruption. And then there is intention versus survival...

When is a criminal act truly criminal? There is a difference between a person steeling food from the local super market to the monster killing families in their homes for fun. The person that took the food, intentions was to stop hunger. The monster killing families wants to promote sadistic needs and pleasures and gain profit from it.

It is so easy to say that people are too lazy to work for money. This is utter BS created by the rich to enslave the poor! I know a very important man that is part of one of the biggest contracting firms in South Africa “if not the biggest” He said himself “if you don’t want the money I am willing to pay then that person haven’t suffered enough” and the money he is talking about cannot sustain a person, nor a family...

Now, what does this say about that company and their attitude towards the poor and the uneducated?

Crime is the result of greed and sometimes sadism or hate. This is almost always true. But I have seen good people do stupid things out of desperation too. The question is what failed? Look at the education system, job opportunities or something as simple as a “sustainable” income. “and I am not talking about R100000 a year income”

If you have eliminate desperation you can concentrate on the other side of the coin. The evil individual that wants to hurt abuse and destroy humanity. They are easy identifiable because their actions are inhumane.
    peace is a state of mind

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast