Yes the new supreme commander is out and you will pay R590 for it more or less. But thanks to Steam I will not touch it because again you will need a dedicated internet line and lots of money to download the updates and sell your soul before you can play the game.

So what is the real deal with Steam, why must every game be updatable and why must they have dedicated access to your game? In my opinion they are forcing the gaming community into a corner and it WILL BE the end of PC GAMES in South Africa if they continue to do so.

Steam is the schoolyard bully that wants to destroy the PC gamers’ freedom. Well they are getting away with it. I only hope that Fallout 4 will not be connected to Steam in anyway because they will just destroy the joy of the game.

Well luckily PS3 is a powerful platform and the games is still just basically buy and play “no registration required” And I am thinking to get a PS3 and just drop computer gaming because of Steam and there single-minded “we are god” approach.

Also just a little fact 9 more customers did not buy Supreme Commander 2. Yes that is a R 2950 loss in business for the game shop in question. When I talked to the sales person he told me out of 8 orders not 1 was collected after they were informed that the game demanded registration and online capability. So in the end this is the end to a good game...

Nice going Steam!