yeah right...i spent a couple of years working around KZN in places like vryheid...we had a team of 6 which was made up of 2 whites and 4 blacks...we stayed in B&Bs or if the site was too remote we stayed on site...on occasion we would visit the local pub and i can tell you we were chased out like dogs...so i find it hard to believe that story.

i have found from experiences in my life...times i spent working with black people more of a pleasure than having to work with afrikaaners...the SADF was a good expample...becuase i was a soutpiel boom rooker from durban...the only reason i came home after 14 months of being in the bush without pass was because of afrikaaners...i was beaten up in ondangwa because they thought i was an arogant roofy..i had been working with various battalions since november 1983 and when i arrived back in base...everyone thought i had just arrived and insisted i make coffee and polish boots...i didnt...so after visiting the pub they came to my bungalow where i was sleeping they beat the kak out of me...i decided i would not stand for this kind of cr*p so i took my rifle out the kass loaded it and shoved it into the biggest f**kers mouth and made him beg for his life...you should have seen how the cowards ran (that nightmare is still as clear in my head as the night it happened)...the next morning i was called out of church and made to load 1 sand bag on each shoulder and run until i dropped...it didnt happen i was as fit as i have ever been in my life so i just kept going...church finished and one of the one liners who had been blown up in a land mine was sent back to pretoria had just arrived back noticed me running and asked why...he told the sgt/major that i had been on the border since nov 83 and not been on pass yet...things suddenly changed because they knew how nuch sh*t they would be in if anyone found out...5 days of hitch hiking with my full kit including rifle because i had to hitch from ondangwa later i was in JHB...this is also one of the reasons i refuse to speak afrikaans even though i understand every word of it...and never will.

i also didnt notice him standing amoungst the AWB during the funeral or court appearance.