Thread: Oh the drama!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Oh the drama!

I get this email:
    Dear Reader,

You are hereby ordered to cease all business operations immediately

The Department of Labour has amended the Skills Development Act (SDA). Do you know what the changes are? You’ll need to! According to the Act, a labour inspector can order certain employers to stop working IMMEDIATELY!

Are you fulfilling your obligations in terms of the SDA!

Don’t get caught on the back foot. You could fit into this category. There’s one easy way to find out exactly what you need to know. AND, you’ll impress the labour inspector right away.
    Wouldn’t you agree that a simple way to remember what to do is to have an easy-to-read version within plain sight? Now you can...order your summary of the Skills Development Act wall chart today.
    FFS!

I'm seeing this more and more. Drama selling. There was another one the other day that went something like this:
    I overheard a conversation while I was waiting at a bus stop. This guy was telling his friend he's on his way to the CCMA for arbitration involving the dismissal of an employee for theft from petty cash. I cringed as he was sure to lose his case.

Wouldn't you like to know how ...
    Scare selling - on absolute BS!

WTF does this "expert" know about the specifics of the case?
    WTF does this expert know about the process that was followed, the employment contract, the amount that disappeared, the operational procedures, any other pertinent information?

Nope - it's YOU WILL LOSE. And if you don't know why you'd better buy my book now.

BS.

And what's with all these larnies catching busses nowadays? Reducing their carbon footprint?

Yeah right.

2. Thank given for this post:

desA (02-Feb-10), tec0 (02-Feb-10), tonyflanigan (02-Feb-10)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    As you know I am heavy into safety and I feel people have the right to know there are expectations to perform their work. The truth is safety officer became the tool for the lazy f*ck*rs to play with. I don’t tolerate this. If he feels his work is unsafe and I know for a fact it is not then I will continue and have that person revaluated.

Scare BS like this made my life hell because now people think safety officers is there to stop the job and get the CCMA involved in every single problem. It is simply not true but BS like this have heavy negative implications.

So much so that I have to consider training for something else because people are terrified to employ safety officers because of all scare sales and BS like this.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks

Fire Extinguisher scam

Dave
    Wait for these guys, we had the fire department visit us about a year ago. We were told we can't store paper After that I phoned the paper supplier and was told flat pack paper does not burn as there is no oxygen between the sheets.
    What caused this was some guys phoning and asking to service our fire extinguishers. They where told no so somehow they got the fire department/metro police to come check on all the businesses.
    The way the extinguishers are checked is weigh them, and see that the pressure gauge is still in the green. What a con. Anyway we now have compliant extinguishers and tell any one who phones that they are serviced and ask them in an aggressive manner where they got our details from. This stops all the visits.
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    It comes down to blackmail... The people from the fire department and the police must be questioned and then tell them that these people are trying to FORCE you to do business with them. Then press charges! Make them pay!

A year ago now, started out as in safety and found people do play games. They love using safety as the fall-guy and for that part you get trouble from administration, foreman and your manager. All of them want to control your actions and force you to look the other way and if something goes wrong they come down on you. Well I didn’t play their game and is because of that I am back with IT “for now”

But yes be aggressive, log their numbers record their conversations and press charges against them. This is NOT business it IS blackmail.
    peace is a state of mind

Thanks
    Shaun Higley making a comeback?!

BOVER Technologies
    - computer sales and TeamViewer support
    Elmine Botha Freelance Photographer - Photographer/ Videographer

Thanks
    Hmmm....sounds like Shaun. I wonder if I will bump into him someday?

Thanks
    We could apply to the Oxford Dictionary to add a new word :

Higley'd : definition : to have been led astray, paid for items not received, misled ... etc.

Has a kind of ring to it : Hey !! I got Higley'd today !!

Watching the ships passing by.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chrismine View Post
    Shaun Higley making a comeback?!
    I was

... until I saw the time of the post. As it turned out, that was truly prophetic!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Well right now if I identify a scam I will just report it. I am done with scammers taking advantage and will make their lives a living nightmare.
    peace is a state of mind