Thread: When will you listen South Africa?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

When will you listen South Africa?

Right now Africa is facing the worst climate change we have ever seen in our lifetime. Yes it is true our environments are changing our people are facing a time of extinction and soon any action will be too late.

I personally have said for the past few years now, please think of a massif pumping station and storage facility so that we can clean enough sea water to sustain agriculture thus persevering life in all its glory.

My hopes was to see a nuclear driven pumping and purifying station that will be able to store enough water to be distributed to the arias that we need to cultivate. Thus allowing for life to sustain itself. But as so many other voices we are never counted and our ideas to save ourselves was ridiculed and ignored.

Well I most experts say environment change will happen in 30 or so years. Well I used to say give it 5 to 10 years. Well nature is giving us fare less time and we need to realise that our survival will be our ability to grow food and to have clean water.

Kenya is already facing a fight and they have nothing to fight with! Are we to be next South Africa? Well I really hope not because we can be strong and we can become leaders again and I really hope that our leaders are not too blind to see the real dangers ahead. Time is a luxury we simply don’t have any more.

Thanks for reading.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Water supply problems are here already, although in that story I'm not sure it's climate change. Rather this sounds like we haven't invested enough in supply development in the face of increasing demand.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Fact is we need more water and we need to manage the water we have better. Sounds strange to talk about it I know but agriculture is more important but there is no long term investment to make it work for when we do face not only climate change but a bigger population.

See industry is not really sustainable there is only so much ore and then it is all gone. Now what will we do when mines are no longer active in our country and remember this is a 45 year reality that 80% of all mines will close down and then we are left with massif problems when it comes to work and economical sustainability.

Building a powerful system to supply us with fresh healthy water and building better systems to manage our water can and will allow us as a nation to be sustainable not only now but in the future. With agriculture we can produce almost anything we need in almost every from we need it and that is the truth. We can create jobs and push new technologies that will enable us to sustain ourselves indefinitely but we need to start while we are still strong because when the money is gone and the investors leave where will it leave us?
    peace is a state of mind

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Funny thing, money. When the will is strong enough, limited financial resources don't see to be as much of an obstacle as when the desire is weak.

5. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (07-Jan-10)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Well I always say perfection, wealth and genetic modification breeds weakness. Perhaps when the world is down we will learn how to crawl again and then in time we may walk again. That is if we survive and my money is on extinction right now.
    peace is a state of mind

Thanks
    When I look at a dam and see the surface area and if I know the depth I can work out the approximate capacity as one third the depth times the surface area, because I know that the sides of most dams slope towards the centre.

It seems the powers that be calculate all dams capacity as surface area times depth and in their ignorance assume that we have three times the water we in effect have.

or is it just me?
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Well life needs water and our water is too dangerous to drink and tanks to negligence it will soon be impossible to use the water and then it would be a good time to read up on how to summon rain because we will be doing that a lot. We live in the age of intelligence and we are still doing stupid things... Got to love the irony in it
    peace is a state of mind