Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Discrimination in lease agreement?

Thanks

Will these help?
    In search of South African Technology Nuggets(R), for sale & trading in South East Asia.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Nope, try sleeping with them and you tell me... I dislike the fact that these people get so aggressive and there is really no telling what they will do to my family if I am not at home. I am angry as hell because of this problem.

See this is not a new problem and I am at the point where I am going to enlist a lawyer: My complaints will be as follow:

a>> my family’s security (violation of contract) security was part of the agreement.
    b>> disturbing the peace (violation of contract) it is stated in contract that it will not be tolerated
    c>> failing to fix light fixtures (Health and Safety) & (Violation of contract) maintenance is stipulated
    d>> not fixing the front gate (violation of contract) maintenance is stipulated
    e>> main power box exploded damaging my TV (what the hell is going on here!!!)
    f>> I had to stay with friends or a F1 hotel on every single weekend!!!! (BS I am paying for a home)

This is only a few problems I am having. And they are NOT “new” problems. All of them are well-documented. Now I am expected to pay for a deposit and hold up my end of the agreement if not there will be legal implications. However they can do whatever and I must just be happy with it!

Nope not going to happen! I am enlisting the big guns! The contract was violated and is being violated on every weekend, public holiday and lately every bloody week day! I am done... I want my money back or some kind of compensation. And trust me on this one I am not the only unhappy camper at the moment there is about 10 of us!!! {Documented} Yes count them 10 households!
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    Move on, I am sure that if they try to sue you for the lease, any judge will throw the case out with costs in your favour.

In fact move on and sue them for the costs of doing that, use small claims court to save your expenses.

"Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

4. Thanks given for this post:

desA (03-Mar-10)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    There is a lot of trouble here at the moment. We have tried to contact the owner and basically it is impossible to do at this point. Secondly the caretakers are reluctant to take any action full knowing that more people started to complain. There are now about 15 of us. “15 households”

Just moving out sounds like an option but again there is a reason why I need my “Deposit back” Placing down a R8000 deposit is a lot of money. Now I need my money back so that I can move out. Now I am in the process of enlisting legal help.

In short “they know what we want, they know they are in the wrong... So right now they are playing the dodging game. Only with a formal summons will they show up and then only can we start negotiations.

Still they will stretch it out and make the process “legal process” as costly as possible for us. This is what “land lords” do; they know how to play the game. However “if” the charges are criminal in nature the dynamics change... this is why I am going for legal advice first.
    peace is a state of mind

Thanks
    have you looked up information on the properties online? if you're part of a secure complex, there will probably be some history / ownership details online.

7. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (03-Mar-10)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    This is an interesting development, no online information. But when I signed my contract I was told that there was “no such problems at all” Still I got talking to the security personnel and they hand me a copy of every single dispute for the last 5 years. It is a LOT of reading. I am not the first person to complain...

I was then told that the people don’t see this when they sign up because it will be bad for business. But he assured me that I will not be the first person taking drastic steps against the owners. The records are structured in such a way that there are basically no names “This is the version that we are entitled to or so it was explained to me. He said that a second “more complete” record exists and if I am to make a case that the information will be made available.

The Security boss is really a stand-up kind of person. He told me that there used to be a screening process where people would be interviewed before they could rent a place. This system was dropped due to the sudden need to make profit. And I was told it is more or less when the trouble started.

The Security boss in question told me that he would be happy to assist me. However the trouble maker got his final notice and he must move out within the given time line. All of this sounds good the only problem is it took me a long time to get this far... I am still set on moving out myself if my finances will allow it.
    peace is a state of mind

Thanks
    Boy, it sounds awful.
    In search of South African Technology Nuggets(R), for sale & trading in South East Asia.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,678 Times in 2,259 Posts
    Blog Entries
    You don't need to find the owner. Your lease agreement will have an address where you can deliver legal notices on your landlord.

However, if they're moving out the troublemakers, it would be a shame to give up just as you're about to get what you wanted in the first place.

Thanks
    I agree. You've managed to make a change for the betterment of the community. There was obviously something that attracted you to the place, so keep with that and make the landlord hate having to deal with you. I know it seems like a huge fiasco, but in the end you can take this guy to task. Keep those wanting to move in informed of what goes on. After all, all it takes is a few turned heads for corruption to rise.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I don’t like giving up but to be honest it was the promise of good security that attracted me to this place. It still is the main reason why I am thinking; stay or go... However my contract is coming to an end soon and as nice as it is to win! I am still shopping around if I see something a bit bigger or better then it is time to move on... however I got a few months to go and just maybe... I will renew it
    peace is a state of mind

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12