Hi
I have just joined and urgently in need of advice. I am a registered person and recently done a compliance inspection. I handed the coc to the previous owner who stayed in the place for 4 weeks and subsequently moved out of the house. On vacating the premises he removed some of the lights, his overhead projector (cut the cables in midair) and installed two new pool pumps. Obviously I signed the coc and was called by the new owner - who threatened to come after me personally - after I had offered to go out and check everything, he compiled a list of gievances which included new garden lights. I told him that I will need to check out the problems first and was told that we either agree to everything or nothing at all - he then called in the AIA - whom I also phoned prior to their inspection for advice - but the guy was too busy to speak to me-
I now received the AIA's report - obviously the coc is invalid - & I now have 7 days to respond - this whole process is new to me - does anyone out there know what to do in such circumstances? I have been to the ECA - they referred me to the AIA-