higleys

Simple past
    higleyed

Past participle
    higleyed

Present participle
    higlying

Definitions

1. (transitive, slang) To trick or defraud, usually for personal gain.(often over the internet but not necessarily).

2. Thanks given for this post:

daveob (18-Feb-10)

Silver Member
    Thanks
    I don't have the time to go to the suppliers and fill in forms ... I'm busy with honours. However, I will ensure I get a copy of every new application that they fill in and send to the suppliers signing surety ... in any case ... I think I only have credit with about 6 suppliers and the bank ... for the rest of them, they need to pay COD or fill in a new app for credit.

I spoke to a lawyer already though, and she said the contract covers me. In terms of my assets ... I do not own anything besides a computer and a playstation and a bed :P ... the car is my mom's and I still live at home, everything else belongs to by mom's boyfriend who isn't related to me.

To be honest, not sure why everyone gave me credit in the first place, especially the bank ... I never signed over any security ... except a life insurance thing.

I heed and thank you for your warnings ... I'm pretty sure I've got it covered ... but I will fax each accounting department a letter of resignation as a shareholder in a CC, and perhaps a request for a letter to be released as surer to be faxed back to me.

I will make sure I get copies of all new contracts signed by the new owner.

Regards

Itai
    If you need any Accounting, Tax or even Financial Management advice, PM me and I'll try help and keep your information confidential.

Visit my Android ZA website - a website dedicated to Google Android in South Africa - www.androidza.co.za

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyD View Post
    Higleyed or Higley'd, past tense of higley,

Pronounciation; hig-leed

Synonyms

* robbed
    * conned
    Good going Andy. I see we've moved from the denial stage where we all wished for a positive and 'happily ever after' ending, to complete acceptance. Forum Therapy working again !!
    Watching the ships passing by.

5. Thanks given for this post:

Dave A (19-Feb-10)

Thanks

Thanks
    I am not sure of the tax implication advantages when you sell under the conditions you describe?
    I would rather reccommend that you get the buyer to register his own vehicle and sell it to him.
    The reason I say this is you have probably forgotten what and where (Banks most likely) you have signed surety, there is no more sobering jolt than finding out five years later that the sherrif is looking for you for debt incurred by the buyer of your cc.

"Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wynn View Post
    I am not sure of the tax implication advantages when you sell under the conditions you describe?
    I would rather reccommend that you get the buyer to register his own vehicle and sell it to him.
    The reason I say this is you have probably forgotten what and where (Banks most likely) you have signed surety, there is no more sobering jolt than finding out five years later that the sherrif is looking for you for debt incurred by the buyer of your cc.

It will complicate things to get him to register his own CC ... a lot! Firstly, he can't use the same businessname cause the CC is registered in the name. Secondly, on the online shop world, age is trust ... if he registers a new company, he will lost a lot of trust.
    Thirdly, there will be a lot of issues revolving around all the merchant accounts I have to receive money, not to mention the hosting, etc, etc.

In any case, I have not forgotten where I have signed surety ... I have only signed surety with the suppliers, the 1 bank account (I only have 1 bank account) and I think Vodacom for the contract. No where else.

And in terms of the suppliers, most of them are of a COD basis ... the ones with credit I will make sure they fill in new contracts ... in any case, its part of the suppliers T & C that if a shareholding change takes place with a CC, new forms must be filled in.
    If you need any Accounting, Tax or even Financial Management advice, PM me and I'll try help and keep your information confidential.

Visit my Android ZA website - a website dedicated to Google Android in South Africa - www.androidza.co.za

9. Thanks given for this post:

Dave A (19-Feb-10)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wynn View Post
    One of the interesting parts of this deal is the assessed tax loss is actually an asset of the cc which might have affected the sales price. Knowing that the first x of your profits will be tax free is certainly a sweetener.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Hi. I have another question relating the sale ...

When submitting the CK2 Form, what is the best way to do this, and the way that will yiel the quickest CK2 receipt from Cipro? I have the ability to submit online, but is this best? The reason I ask is when I sell the company, I need to remove myself as a signatory at the bank and make the new owner a signatory, and the bank says they need a CK2 ... which I hear can take up to 6 weeks. So now what do we do ... how is the new owner expected to conduct business with continuity if he cannot access the banking initially when he takes over ... or is there an exception you know of the the bank didn't tell me that will allow us to change over?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    You could always go into the CIPRO offices (I'm sure they're in Pretoria) and get it done on the turn, seeing as you're in JHB.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    You could always go into the CIPRO offices (I'm sure they're in Pretoria) and get it done on the turn, seeing as you're in JHB.
    Is that possible? Won't they just tell me come back in x days?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast