Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Social Media Marketing Network

Thanks
    There's a pretty decent ebook called "Social Media For Small Business." It's sponsored by Microsoft (it says on the front page) and I found it during a regular search, so I don't think it's a paid product:

http://www.ducttapemarketing.com/soc...orbusiness.pdf.

Social media (and social media marketing) is too large a topic, with too many applications to be able to say it's not relevant for small businesses. Having said that, small business in SA is not the same as small business in, say, the US, in terms of potential clients who hang around social media sites.

2. Thanks given for this post:

Dave A (22-Mar-10)

Email problem
    Thanks
    Utilising Social media by creating a profile won't help much IMO. Sure your friends, colleagues and family can "join" but where from there?

However, there are paid advertising options on these sites that can place your ad in front of your target market very easily. Imagine how much info Facebook must have on it's members. Other than the basics of age and location, they can know what you like through the many applications and games, who you associate with, what your interests are via the groups you join, the pages you become fans of etc.

I can then place an ad on Facebook and direct it at my target market within a few thousand. Considering there are a million Facebook users in SA, that advertising costs peanuts when you see how easy it is to get to them.

I have hundreds of ideas for social media marketing. It is the future, even if SA is taking a while to catch up.

Email problem
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BrandSmit View Post
    There's a pretty decent ebook called "Social Media For Small Business." It's sponsored by Microsoft (it says on the front page) and I found it during a regular search, so I don't think it's a paid product:
    thanks for this, I'm going to give it a read.

Thanks
    The bottom line is this - marketers will always market in places where there is large exposure to their specific target market. If you can target your target market using the social media platform, then it is worth it for you to consider/test. If not, don't bother.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12