Thread: BLOOD LINE CURSE OR DEATH PENALTY, YOU CHOOSE

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Suspended
    Thanks

BLOOD LINE CURSE OR DEATH PENALTY, YOU CHOOSE

Wynn has asked me to run the "Death Penalty" by you guys again and explain my meaning.

Let me give you some history and background on the Higley Family.

In 1872 three strains of the Higley family left the shores of England for greener pastures, isn't that ironic, and sailed to South Africa and the USA. Two of the strains arrived in South Africa and the third continued on to the USA. ( The USA strain, by the way, are the largest family today occupying the majority of Utah. They even have their own schools and a town called West Higley).

The older brother's strain, in South Africa, also the brainier of the two, have almost lived to the ages of 100. My Uncle John Higley in East London is app 94 years old now and still a minister with the Baptist Union in Sunnyridge.

The strain I am generated from were the not so bright, one globe missing in the house type, the tradesmen. That was until my dad, (only had a standard six, while my mother only had a standard eight), got married and produced the three of us. You see, John is the last in his strain as his children are now in Australia, and I am the last in my strain, as the wife and I had no children. My nephew is now back in England. The majority of the SA group have gone back to their homeland.

The John Higley group were the healthy teetotalers while the group I generate from were the dronkies and very unhealthy, but very hard working group.

From my great great great grandfather until my father have all passed on at the age of 46 years. They were the oldest amongst their siblings. My brother being the second oldest died at the age of 35 years. My nephew, being the oldest in his generation also had the same disease but lived through his ordeal. What did they all have in common? Liver and Lung cancer. (I don't drink alcohol or smoke.)

This is where I come into the picture. In 2005 I was sent to Groote Squur Hospital for tests for Bone Marrow TB. They drilled into the left Pelvic Spine and the results returned positive. I was then sent back about two months later for the right Pelvic Spine to be drilled and it, too, was positive. And so I was introduced to the hangover. A major hangover. But after the chemo I overcame and went into remission.

I managed to live a very healthy life until about five months ago. I also managed to get through a very healthy divorce unscathed.

Five months ago I was rushed into Frontier hospital with a very high temperature. I was struggling to breath and in general I felt like death warmed up. I was placed on oxygen therapy and given antibiotics and other booster medication. My immune system was at a major low.

Now, I must admit, I have run my body down very badly over the years. So what is happening to me now can be expected.

My system became progressively worse over the next few months and eventually at the beginning of September the doctors in Qtn suggested that I may have the H1N1 virus and that I was to go to Jhb for tests and treatment. I was losing weight rapidly and they couldn't explain why.

On arrival in Jhb I collapsed on the station and was bedridden for two weeks before I could go to the Edenvale hospital. I lost 40kgs in three weeks. The doctors were convinced I didn't have the H1N1 virus but something more like cancer. On November 7 this year I was diagnosed as being terminally ill.

The only problem with being terminal is that my body and brain argue with each other continuously. I am used to a very active brain, hence the reason I write so many manuals. They are also a kind of residual income for the times I am ill. Many of my books have paid my medical bills.

The day I die they will have to hack my brain out of my skull and club it to death with a baseball bat. My body has seen its days and will take a while to get back to a strength that will suite my new lifestyle.

You have to excuse me sometimes. If I have nothing to do, If you don't argue with me on the forum, if the brain is not kept busy, I go into a kind of depression and I think I am dying. I have overcome cancer before and can overcome it now.

I must state this, though, I am a proud 50 year old and the oldest in my father's strain of the Higley family. I am in constant contact with all the Higleys throughout the world. I have a strong colleague data base, as well as thousands of supporting friends all over the world and the forum has brought me out of my doldrums. What more support could anyone ask for?

I now believe I would disappoint my fans if I just give up and die. Just remember, I am human and will break down now and then. I have a lot of knowledge to share and it would be selfish of me not to share it.

Its the likes of you, wynn, as well as Dave, Roelof, Marq etc that keep me going and positive. And I thank you all. Even those who I have not mentioned.

2. Thanks given for this post:

wynn (13-Nov-09)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Shaun, in the short time you've been with us you've already made a lasting contribution.

May your mind prove stronger than your body for a while yet. There's no rush for that final sign-out. But when the day comes, know you have done your bit.

My thanks.

Suspended
    Thanks
    I still have plenty legs in me before I finally sign out. Its just nice to know that the networks we build prove stronger than we realise in many ways.

I started networking about 25 years ago. It wasn't known as that then. It was a simple database for business. We had the likes of Effective Letters out Kya Sands to assist us. We bought lists of contacts to improve our marketing. Today you use those same lists and it is known as spamming.

I now have one database with over 65k (65 000) contacts in it. I belong to Scott Cundill's group and he cannot provide me with the software to handle the volumes. We seem to have gone a little backward with our database collections. but never the less, we, as networkers really don't see the good we build until we start networking properly and sharing what we know.

So, I have enjoyed the sharing and have a lot more to share. There is no way my brain will allow my body to give up just yet. I am growing stronger slowly. But as a good friend told me the other day, I wouldn't slow down in the past and now my body is forcing me to slow down. I had the warning and I failed to listen.

Thanks
    Shaun popped in for a visit the other day and he looks healthy. I also asked him about his cancer and it is not getting him down at all.
    He has given a lot to the site and is still active with various things.
    Shaun I know I owe you quotes etc. I will get on to it later
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!