I'm not registered as an employee of my own CC as it's still a new company and all money generated goes back into the business. My only personal income is rental income which is below the taxable level (I do provisional income returns but it's R0)
However SARS has issued an ITR12 for me which when I open it gives me the message below as obviously there was no IRP5 issued for me anywhere.
My tax for 2009 is R0 so can I just ignore this tax return or do I have to do one because I have a rental income (even though with expenses deducted the income is below the taxable level)and I do provisional tax returns ?

Message on E-Filing:
An income tax return has been generated for you containing the latest employee tax certificate [IRP5/IT3(a)] information that SARS has received for you from your employer/s. If your return does not contain all your tax certificate information it means that:
1. Either your employer/s has not yet submitted this information to SARS or
2. SARS is unable to match you to a tax certificate/s due to incomplete or inaccurate information on these certificates (e.g. it does not contain your ID or tax reference number).

SARS recommends that in such cases you do not file this return and rather try again later by refreshing your IRP5 data on the Income Tax Work page.