Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Banks.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

“Slave to the System”

In all we have determined that banks are pushing for dominance when it comes to owning property or land. So basically it has been happing for the last few years. Land and house repossession is commonplace and there is little to nothing we can do about it.

So in the end “If the farmer” is owned by the bank and hindered by financial strain then they can no longer produce product. Thus IMPORTS becomes the norm. These IMPORTS are directly connected to investments and investments are connected to banks. Thus the poorer the people get the richer and more powerful banks will become.

Again it is left to “conspiracy” but I am thinking that in the next 5 to 10 years Food and water will the investment of choice. People need water. People need food... Are banks responsible for our poor agriculture at this point in time? No, there are more contributing factors that must be looked at. Still we cannot ignore the warning signs. “Food imports” versus “Food exports”

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'd like to suggest in this day and age the intent isn't to make you a slave to the system. What you describe is the poverty trap.

It's a recognised problem that isn't being ignored. It's why there are massive EU donor funds going into Africa.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Is the funding reaching the people? The poverty trap is showing its effects. When one looks at the needs of a modern farm you will find that the equipment alone is a small fortune then the land itself will set you back even more. Fact is, it is impossible to start farming without the bank’s support and more importantly without debt... As for the funding, if you consider the massive amounts of money that is already “invested” in Africa it looks like a bottomless pit because you don’t see any improvements or long term planning...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tec0 View Post
    Is the funding reaching the people?
    That would be the corruption trap. Also a known problem, except no-one seems to know the solution to that one.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Ah, yes the corruption web is bit more like a black-widow sucking out all goodness of international funding. How does one get rid of such an ugly spider? Well you start with the nest... and you work your way up to the spider because taking down the spider is just half the battle. If the nest is still there you can expect a few more black- widow spiders in the near future.

Well to find the spider all you need to do is look for the web. So basically all you need to do with corruption is follow the money. It is relatively simple because you are staring at a country that has nothing, so those who have something more than the norm most probably warrants investigation. Then the oppressors always have guns... Guns don’t grow on a tree, so where do these people get there big bad broomsticks from?

There indicators that can point you into the right direction. However corruption has many faces some of them more hidden then others. So perhaps the “system” needs to change and better control over who gets what exactly...

I am sure that corruption can be eliminated but before that can happen the “system” must change and be more proactive perhaps?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    With everything getting more expensive “especially with the coming power increase” I can only wonder if the banks will “up” there charges? I know that some heavy industries are already looking at cost and is wondering if “manufacturing else ware” may be a better solution. In short we will see a lot of “rising” costs and that is not good for the economy...

Thanks
    ...it's the only way to thin the populations out.....

Thanks
    ...seriously......

Thanks
    ......oh how i wish i had good tidings...but alas....it seems we have a septic tank to swim through...for our BSC's.....lol....."Corporately speaking"........eish ...anywho.....keep complainin about "rising costs"...until it's once again, as always, counted in bodies!!!...WHAT???.......ok .....skip that part...so how's the weather?...Personally I like the cloud covered skies....the weather man and meteoroligist and climatologist and all the remaining ologists have it wrong...this week alone...rain predicted for KZN, 60% Monday and 30% Tuesday...but NOTHING, NADA... I Superbike it on my R1 to work and back under a terrible and dreadfull gloomy (aptly) cloud cover, never meeting rain.....aaaaahhhhhh...Lord knows...the weather is GOOD!!!.....sure to meet some drizzle for shizzle closer to the weekend though my nizzle...surley??....paying all these taxes for decent weather predictions...lol....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234