I m just wondering how much a CC does protect it members. It seems that all persons who does not intend to pay their debts open trusts. Recently I have been done by debtors sequestrating themselves (again.) The first time I was forced to follow the same route in a different industry and as a sole trader. That's why I started a CC with my wife and her mother as the only members. They signed for application for accounts with suppliers. The CC is basically dormant now but there is still some debt that needs to be paid. I don't have the finances to pay the debt of +- R100000 and won't have in the near foreseeable future. I'm not sure but I think that the terms of the suppliers were that the members could be liable for the debt in their personal capacity.(It is big national companies with approval for accounts coming from head offices so I guess it comes standard in their terms). I can't let my mother-in-law be sued for something she had nothing to do with. She is still unaware of the debt and was only part of the CK in name. Legally I am not part of the CC but in reality I was the sole trader and should have been liable for debt and if there were profits it would have been only mine. What can be done??Do I (or the CC rather) have options? I've come to a stage where I just don't pick up the phone, the accounts had to paid about 4 months ago...