Well even with a good company policy, CCMA and your Local Union you still get Labour abuse on a large scale. The forms of abuse are mental abuse, physical abuse and blackmail. Now the reason for this post is to gather information. The scenarios I am using is from multiple companies some of them big others small but all are relevant and will point out blatant labour abuse.

First example I wish to indicate is travel allowance. I find that a lot of people do travel a distance between 500km to a 1000km a-day. Now the company in question only pays 70% of petrol and basic maintenance on the car. Then there is no living allowance given thus food, drink and boarding comes from the employee.

The second example is overtime: Now the employee books overtime and is not being paid overtime at all. Let us take the example the employee must work overtime but was never paid overtime ever? What can that employee do? Remember now all actions have reactions and this company is known to terminate people outright if the worker complains. “This is common in our local industry and small business”

The question here is human-rights and why is there no supervision from the government’s side to stop these forms of abuse and trust me they are more common then you may think.

Thanks for reading and all replies are welcomed.