Thread: Glenn Agliotti arrested - Kebble murder links

Thanks

Glenn Agliotti arrested - Kebble murder links

So what it your opinion? Jacki Selebi is a known friend of Glenn Agliotti - does this imply that Selebi is guilty? It's a question of whether there is fire where there is smoke....

We tend to spend time with people that we identify with, the question that begs is, "In what ways are Agliotti and Selebi similar?" This is such an unfortunate link, especially with all the "bungling" errors that the SAPS made with relation to the investigation. It seems the worms are about to be released from the can.

We'll have to wait and see what the damage is.

What do you think about the whole situation?

More information in these two articles,

Scorpions swoop in Kebble case on MoneyWeb

Kebble arrest: What now for Selebi? on M&G
    [SIGPIC]Engineer Simplicity[/SIGPIC]
    Turn ideas into products | The Art of Engineering blog

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    History shows that Chiefs of Police around the world have something of a challenge. Shady characters tend to befriend them and this can put the COP in very difficult positions indeed - which is why the shady characters do it in the first place.

On the other hand part of effective crime prevention is building information networks. Now where are you going to get that information from?

Personally, I think there needs to be hard evidence of collusion and I would certainly avoid jumping to conclusions.

On the Agliotti arrest - I think from here on the Kebble murder is going to be full of interesting kinks.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    Personally, I think there needs to be hard evidence of collusion and I would certainly avoid jumping to conclusions.
    I think that is the thing. The media and DA seem to be jumping on the bash Selebi wagon. Would it be more prudent to remove himself until it is resolved? Only the insiders know what the inner workings are...let's see how things evolve
    [SIGPIC]Engineer Simplicity[/SIGPIC]
    Turn ideas into products | The Art of Engineering blog

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    History shows that Chiefs of Police around the world have something of a challenge. Shady characters tend to befriend them and this can put the COP in very difficult positions indeed - which is why the shady characters do it in the first place.

On the other hand part of effective crime prevention is building information networks. Now where are you going to get that information from?
    I would tend to believe this if we had an effective police force, as for now i remain suspicious especially as how the crime seen was botched originally.
    Remember the Ark was built by Amateurs and the Titanic was built by professionals.
    Business isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Marine Aquariums SA

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I think this pretty well says it all:
    NPA: Kebble probe 'a total nightmare'

"Rogue elements" within law enforcement are apparently spreading disinformation about the Brett Kebble murder probe, the Mercury reported on Tuesday.

"It's a total nightmare," National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) spokesperson Makhosini Nkosi told the media.

"Certain people who consider themselves to be suspects are planting things in the media to force us to give a yes or no answer about certain issues ... which they can hold the NPA to further down the line."

Nkosi said the investigation is continuing and things are happening all the time.

"The situation does change and it is untenable for us to comment on every alleged development."

Nkosi was responding to queries on a report that the Scorpions had subpoenaed police investigators working on the Kebble murder case, as well as weekend media reports that other suspects had been arrested.

Another top figure in the Scorpions said "an active campaign of disinformation" is being conducted by "certain elements" within law enforcement.

This is aimed at obstructing the Scorpions' investigation efforts.
    full story from M&G here
    Tip of the iceberg stuff.

Thanks
    I couldn't agree more...there are some serious undercurrents here...
    "Networking" is my "CONTACT" Sport!"
    Alcocks Electrical Entomological Hygiene

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    M&G up for another attempted gag order. Seems they've hit a nerve....
    The Mail & Guardian newspaper was to go to court on Thursday night to oppose an attempt by the Scorpions to prevent it publishing articles about police commissioner Jackie Selebi and Kebble murder suspect Glenn Agliotti.

The case was to be heard in the Johannesburg High Court.

The office of the state attorney - acting on the Scorpions behalf - notified the newspaper on Thursday of its intention to obtain a gag-order preventing publication of a series of articles,
    the newspaper said in a statement.

"After the M&G refused to give an undertaking not to publish the Selebi articles at 4.30pm on Thursday, the Office of the State Attorney stated that it would attempt to obtain a court order.
    full story from IOL here

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    And M&G win again. And it does sound juicy. As if the state trying to gag the press isn't a juicy enough story in itself.

The Johannesburg High Court has dismissed - with costs - an urgent application to prevent the Mail & Guardian newspaper publishing a series of
    articles on National Police Commissioner Jackie Selebi's relationship with Brett Kebble murder accused Glenn Agliotti.

"We're absolutely elated," said Mail & Guardian editor Ferial Haffajee.

"Of the three attempted interdicts we've won this year, this is the most important because, as the judge says, its a matter of fundamental public importance."
    full story from IOL here

Thanks
    M&G 1/12/06 again -getting closer to the truth which I think we all know......

When police seized a R105-million Mandrax consignment in 2002, police National Commissioner Jackie Selebi was "informed about Glenn Agliotti's involvement", says a statement to the Scorpions.

The subsequent investigation failed spectacularly -- Agliotti remained untouched, suspects caught red-handed were released and much of the haul was stolen back from the police.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.