Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Politics Outdated:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    You may have a strange way of arriving to a point at times, but you do manage to get to the core.

Here's the problem applied to engineers as an example. How do you guide the engineer to address the priorities of the community?

Suspended
    Thanks
    You get "them" interested by selecting a group of engineers on merit then you give each of them the opportunity to run for government. The elected winner will then be given the task to do the design and then oversee the construction of the systems in question. In return this individual will be given a seat in government along with others that was elected by the people to solve problems. The fact is that "the people" will have an intellectual government that is actively solving problems with their expertise. This will be profitable for these elected individuals. Also they will be recorded in history as saviours, the greatest possible honour for any person.
    Last edited by insulin; 23-Mar-09 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Edited for spelling mistakes

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    So an elected civil engineer will decide the order of priorities for all the civil engineering needs?
    Like which should be built first - a school, a hospital or a police station?

Suspended
    Thanks
    First of all.... I knew you were going to say that... no... See you will have a board of engineers, professors and doctors right all of them experts in the necessary fields. Now you go back to the basic principal of measure and implementation. You go to the statistics and see what it is that the country needs most. Thanks to the interpretation of the quantitative data before them they can asses and start planning on facts! So we need schools and hospitals and police-stations. Target and Identify what aria’s need most and start with that first however in the long run all 3 will be implanted correctly and with a workable solution. There will be no feelings involve just facts all of it fact and facts if accumulated correctly cannot lie.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    So who hires the board of engineers, professors and doctors?

I suspect by now you can see where this is going.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Yes I think I do... You see in the end government is just a big business. I think we can afford these experts because the country does have tax systems. See I want to replace the politician with intellectuals. Now the rest of the government system will basically remain the same. Each of these people can be given a salary of a few million a year. Why not? See corruption showed me one thing and that is money is not the problem. The system as it is does generate a lot of wealth. Money that disappears however does not benefit us. You know the odd 60 million here and 30 million there that cannot be explained. So government is costing us a lot and they are not fixing anything. Make no mistake this board of intellectuals will cost us a lot. But the problems they solve will create stability and will generate wealth so it will be an investment for the people.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    So who hires the board of engineers, professors and doctors?
    I do. It's called Duncanocracy. Everyone does what I say and we all live peacefully.

My slogan is, "Do good things, and do things good" (whoever came up with "Don't be evil" needs to read a book on neurolinguistics).
    [SIGPIC]Engineer Simplicity[/SIGPIC]
    Turn ideas into products | The Art of Engineering blog

Suspended
    Thanks
    The principal is law always. Secondly the intellectual board will solve problems. Thirdly statistics will point out what it is we need. We can afford the board of intellectuals... Right now we lose more money due to corruption than anything else. Yes the world is an evil horrible place I know... But right now we need solutions... not politicians. Give it some real thought... you will see that once you use only the best this world has to offer, you may be surprised at how many of them is humanitarians and really wants to do the right thing.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Duncan if i may, I wish to illustrate a point. I want to work as an engineer by you. I have no qualifications no experience no knowhow what-so-ever when it comes to engineering. I didn’t even finish school! You will tell me to run along with a few harsh words I am sure. You cannot allow me to be a part of your engineering team because I have no intellectual value to you at all. But now we get politicians to fix our problems and they are not qualified engineers, professors and Doctors. How can you justify them then! So why do we tolerate lack of skill when it comes to our country but we do not tolerate it in our own businesses?

Thanks
    Insulin, don't worry about me - I'm just having my crazy five

Dave's breadcrumbs are going in an interesting direction though....
    [SIGPIC]Engineer Simplicity[/SIGPIC]
    Turn ideas into products | The Art of Engineering blog

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast