Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need Help With Overclocking

Thanks
    overclocking is intended to get more bang for your buck. the idea of overclocking is not to push your components to near breaking point, but to make gentle changes that the chip can handle. I've overclocked my ram by changing the cycles. it used to be a 5-5-5-15, I overclocked it to 4-4-4-10/12. my system hasn't crashed because of it. if you're getting system crashes frequently, you're overclocking wrong.

Thanks
    Thanx insulin. But i just wanted to give it a try. I've got a new cpu that i won't overclock.
    Just wanted to gain a little XP on the matter.
    Thanx for all your help.
    The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Thanks
    Loman,

Do you subscribe to Overclocking.net ...you may find all the answers there if you read up on a couple of searches...they would even have posted many variations to OC your chip. I successfully overclocked my first rig through BIOS which I built myself from 2.4 to 3.6Gigs..purley for gaming...never burnt nothing!

I'd say never fear to push up your Voltages as well...just make sure you dont go passed the Vmax prescribed for your chip from Intel....and once you OC your chip, it's good to start complimenting the rest of your rig with increased Voltages as those little gadgets start taking more strain too...Agreed Twinscythe....drop your RAM timings too for better performance, but beef up your RAM Volts too(dont exceed specs of product)...You don't wanna open up the flow without popping in some more fire...

Ciao

Thanks
    I'll take a look. At the moment overclocking isn't much of a problem. The problem is once i restart all Mhz are reset to default. any other changes i make in the bios stays like that after restart, dunno whats going on.
    The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Thanks
    I searched for your issue Loman..it's your Mobo..they all reset back after a boot...

read what a Tech wrote:

Cons: overclocking fsb & vcore are available in bios. problem is you save the changes > reboot > voila > stock fsb & vcore
    so no overclocking.
    Other Thoughts:
    foxconn tech support is fast > next day
    but clueless or don't care about response.
    i asked why the bios wasn't saving the fsb changes.
    the tech replied overclocking isn't supported.

what a genius. says overclocking on the box everywhere in the pdf only manual which is a 100mb d/l since the board wasn't recognizing the dvd pata drive and thus wouldn't read the mb cd to get the manual. never touch another foxconn product again. great connectors, but then again its hard to screw up on making mb connectors.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813186127

Trust this helped.....sorry Man...I'd say get another Mobo....
    Last edited by Frankincense; 24-Mar-09 at 09:08 PM.

Thanks
    Well, i've already installed another motherboard. A G31.
    http://www.theforumsa.co.za/forums/s...ead.php?t=4787

I haven't tried to overclock it yet, cos windows are throwing a fit because of the mobo change.

My new HDD will be here shortly and once all that is done i'll give overclocking a go.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Loman View Post
    Well, i've already installed another motherboard. A G31.
    http://www.theforumsa.co.za/forums/s...ead.php?t=4787

I haven't tried to overclock it yet, cos windows are throwing a fit because of the mobo change.
    same here, just upgraded to an ASUS P5QC. I had my Bootsect.bak on a seperate hard drive to the windows one (don't ask), and the next time I try get it operational it doesn't accept it. fortunately i did a vista backup a few days before and was able to download winimage. could get my documents and all that back without having to do a restore.

Thanks
    100% Loman...at least that answers your question you originally posted.

Cool....have fun on your G31

Thanks
    Thanx i'll try. Perhaps i should have spent a few extra $$$ and bought a better one.

Thanks
    if it suites your needs, do you really need to?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.