Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Be Motivated Today

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard007 View Post
    Another thing, do you know that 2 of the richest men in the world, Trump and Kiyosaki, fully endorse multi-level marketing as a viable source of creating wealth.
    I looked for your 2 of the richest men in the world they are not in the top 100 of Forbes top billionaires. Where else would I be able to verify this fact.
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Email problem
    Thanks
    It doesn't mean if a person isn't listed on forbes they do not form part of the richest people in the world. They might not be in the penthouse of rich people but they are in the same building.

Robert Kiyosaki is more in the mould of Covey, beside been a multi-millionaire his passion is teaching others the fundamental keys of acquiring wealth.
    Trump and Kiyosaki co-author a book called "Why We Want You To Be Rich."

In the book Trump said: “Internet marketing has proven itself to be a viable and rewarding source of income, and the challenges could be just right for you. There have been some remarkable examples of success, and those successes have been earned through diligence, enthusiasm and the right product combined with timing. As with so many issues, there are tangibles and intangibles involved, but success is not a total mystery, and that applies to network marketing, as well.” and

Kiyosaki said: “Building a B-quadrant business is not an easy task. So you need to ask yourself, “Do I have what it takes? Am I willing to go beyond my comfort zones? Am I willing to be led and willing to learn to lead? Is there a very rich person inside me, ready to come out?” If the answer is yes, start looking for a network marketing business that has a great training program – one that emphasizes education and personal growth.”

As you can see they both endorse network marketing, but they also do not feed people with false hope of quick riches, they emphasize that there will be hurdles as there are with any business. They also emphasize the importance of hard work, perseverance and choosing the right company/product.

The thing with MLM businesses is that when many people hear the word there is almost an instant negative reaction because of the resemblance it has to a pyramid scheme, but the premise that MLM companies are built on is sound and it is actually used in business everyday.

When a company wants to raise capital one of the methods they use is to sell shares. In essence all they are doing is pooling togther a large sum of money from multiple sources. When a few kids go out to the mall and they are hungry but they don't have that much of money, what they will do is put all the money they each have together to buy a pizza or something. When a non-profit organization needs funds for a certain project, they request donations which come from multiple sources.

Basically an MLM business does the same thing. One individual earns an income from many sources. These sources form a network of people who buy the product/service. The MLM methodology is powerful and it speeds up the process of creating wealth.

Multiple streams of income is a recipe to create wealth and the MLM principle allows an individual to earn from multiple sources.

Thanks
    It doesn't mean if a person isn't listed on forbes they do not form part of the richest people in the world. They might not be in the penthouse of rich people but they are in the same building.
    Richard
    This is why I am skeptical about MLM as soon as you ask for an outrageous statement to be independently verified, it can't be. Now if you can't offer this proof for this statement what else is part of the 87% of statistics that are thumbsucked?
    From wikipedia
    Criticism and controversy

Kiyosaki's books and teachings have been criticized for focusing on anecdotes and containing little in the way of concrete advice on how readers should proceed.[12] Kiyosaki responds that his material is meant to be more of a motivational tool to get readers thinking about money, rather than a step by step guide to wealth. He also says the books are supposed to be "interesting" to people, which precludes involving a lot of technical material.[13]
    ABC ran a 20/20 segment on May 19, 2006 in which Kiyosaki was to advise three entrepreneurs on how to make money. They were given $1000 and 20 days to try and make the most money possible. One earned a return of 24%, the second earned a return of 54% and gave it all to charity, and the third lost 100% because she invested in machines that could not be delivered in 20 days. The contestants alleged that Kiyosaki never gave concrete advice. "All he [Kiyosaki] does is, I guess, is open your mind to the possibility. He doesn't tell you how to do it." Kiyosaki responded that failure is important to learning. At the end, 20/20 asks, "Does anyone really need 18 books to learn to fail?"[1]
    The Wall Street Journal criticized Why We Want You To Be Rich by Kiyosaki and Trump[14] as did Kiplinger's Personal Finance.[15]
    LINK
    Are they like trainers they teach because they can't do!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Atkinson View Post
    Anybody done any research into this particular MLM thing? Dave?
    What ended my days in MLM was when I decided I would be best served focusing on my own existing business. MLM is a fascinating business though - very personal and very challenging. In more ways than most imagine. (See exchange above for one aspect )

So no, I don't go testing every MLM plan posted here to see if it works. I just look at the model to make sure it isn't a pyramid or ponzi scheme, and this one isn't.

When it comes to assessing whether it's worth it... How can I put this

It's my experience that if it's an absolute bust, someone pops up eventually and says they had their fingers burnt

Whether that makes it worth it for you? Well, as I said, MLM is very personal. You need to decide what you want to chase. Just don't spread yourself too thin.

ps. You're right - there is no free lunch.
    Last edited by Dave A; 19-Jul-10 at 01:43 PM.

Email problem
    Thanks
    IanF

If I ask anyone who might know of Trump or Kiyosaki what they think of the financial position of these guys. What will be the reply?

In my book they are wealthy!

And I gave you 2 quotes from the book that clearly outlines the endorsement that the MLM methodology has received from these wealthy men.

Whenever someone is in the limelight there will be criticism but there are will also be positive comments made regarding that person. I'm sure I can go an find many positive comments made regarding Kiyosaki but I think it will be futile because you already have a negative perception with regard to MLM.

I believe no one has any basis to comment, be it positive or negative, on something they have not experienced for themselves. Ones own personal experience is what gives one leverage to comment.

If you believe what I've said has being "thumb-sucked" then you entitled to your beliefs. But you obviously so busy looking for something to be critical about that you actually didn't see the logic in anything I have said.

My belief is that the proof is in the pudding!

Email problem
    Thanks

The MLM Challenge

I want to spice up this thread. I want to prove that an MLM business can be an extremely profitable one.

Currently I'm only earning 200 bucks a month with BMT, but I'm challenging myself today and saying that I WILL be earning over R5000/month in 6 months time. I will also only be using the internet as a plaform to promote BMT and I will only use free tools. NO PAID ADVERTISING!

I can go on debating about the MLM benefits but why should I do that. It is not my duty to change the mindsets of individuals. But I can offer proof that the system works.

Below is a screenshot from my BMT members area of the last payment made to me. As you will see it is R205.00. In 6 months time I will post another screenshot that WILL prove that the BMT and the MLM methodology can help ANYONE create wealth.

Success is a mindset. I WILL SUCCEED in this challenge. But remember I'm not doing this to prove anyone wrong or to make the skeptics eat humble pie. I'm doing this because it is a great incentive for me to achieve my goals with BMT.

You will hear from me in 6 months time i.e 18/01/2011.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BMT payments.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	1290  
    Last edited by Richard007; 18-Jul-10 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Spelling error!

Thanks
    Currently I'm only earning 200 bucks a month with BMT, but I'm challenging myself today and saying that I WILL be earning over R5000/month in 6 months time. I will also only be using the internet as a plaform to promote BMT and I will only use free tools. NO PAID ADVERTISING!

You will hear from me in 6 months time i.e 18/01/2011.
    Richard
    Now this looks better and shows actual income, thanks for posting this. I look forward to your post in 6 months.

Email problem
    Thanks

Is Be Motivated Today a Scam or Not?

Hi Everyone,

I've set a really big goal as mentioned in my previous post regarding what I intend achieving. In order for me to achieve that goal I began studying internet marketing(IM) quite vigorously as I needed the knowledge and tools to reach my target.

I stand firmly behind the MLM principle, but I am beginning to question Be Motivated Today as a viable MLM. Success in MLM is dependent on the quality of the product. When I began my membership with BMT I found the product/service offering to be excellent. But while researching IM I have found that many of the ebooks that BMT offer as part of their service can be downloaded absolutley free

The main aspect of their service is a daily motivational email. I found sites that offer that service free. I can even subscribe to a newsletter or a motivational blog and receive motivational messages regularly, without charge. Heck, I can even find motivational courses free of charge online.

All of this began to make me feel a bit uneasy about the BMT opportunity. I began to question whether it is morally correct to promote something that can be found free on the net. I guess some might say, if people are receiving value from the service and are willing to pay for it then let it be.

It is important for me to adhere to my morals and principles, and personally, if I knew of someone who was looking for a daily motivational email, I will now direct them to the free resources that I've found. It just doesn't sit right with me to continue promoting a paid service when it can be found at no cost.

I set up a blog to promote BMT and I have received a few emails from people who are really working the wealth creating system, but they are not reaping the reward for their labour. I have also read stories of others who are experiencing the same. There are 2 elements to BMT, the motivational and the wealth creating elements. If many people are working the system and not benefiting from the wealth creating element then it is non-value adding, and if the motivational element can be found elsewhere at no cost then the service is questionable.

From the time I began promoting BMT I have attracted around 40 members on my 1st level. +/-15 have either cancelled or stopped paying their subscriptions, and there are many who don't work the system, or perhaps they are trying but they are not succeeding. I bet if I tell all these members that half the products and services can be found free, they will all cancel.

I have decided that I am not going to promote BMT anymore because the belief that I did have in the company has now been stripped away. I'm off to find another MLM, one that I will surely scrutinize before joining. I'm not going to cancel my membership with BMT because I'm earning over R200 every month, and I worked really hard to get to that point, but I will discontinue my efforts in promoting them.

I will be placing an unbias testimonial on my experience and the facts that I have revealed regarding the BMT offering on the blog I set up.

The positive that has come out of this, is that I am very interested in Internet Marketing and I plan to shift my BMT financial goals toward other aspects of Internet Marketing.

Remeber I still firmly stand behind the MLM methodology, but I do not stand behind BMT as a viable MLM opportunity.

Cheers!

9. Thanks given for this post:

Dave A (15-Aug-10)

Thanks
    Richard
    What a refreshing take on MLM. When you find the MLM that lives up to your principles please let us know.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries

You said SIX months!

May I make a contrary view?
    From the time I began promoting BMT I have attracted around 40 members on my 1st level. +/-15 have either cancelled or stopped paying their subscriptions, and there are many who don't work the system, or perhaps they are trying but they are not succeeding.
    Welcome to the part of MLM that doesn't appear in the brochures, Richard. Even the very best MLM offerings have similar results along the way.
    The main aspect of their service is a daily motivational email. I found sites that offer that service free. I can even subscribe to a newsletter or a motivational blog and receive motivational messages regularly, without charge. Heck, I can even find motivational courses free of charge online.

All of this began to make me feel a bit uneasy about the BMT opportunity. I began to question whether it is morally correct to promote something that can be found free on the net. I guess some might say, if people are receiving value from the service and are willing to pay for it then let it be.
    Without trying to defend the BMT offering specifically, I suggest when it comes to assessing value you have to look at the package - an issue of "the whole is greater than the sum of its parts."

Applying your logic, we're just a short step away from any business that has a competitor offering a cheaper "equivalent part" should be closing down, or at least give up offering that component.

Earlier I said that the MLM business is "very personal and very challenging. In more ways than most imagine." You've just hit the stage where most people that have a clear potential to succeed actually give up - when you can see the attrition that goes with MLM. It's a stage that most people never get to, and it's quite a kick in the gut.

I would like to challenge you to take another look at why you are making this decision right now. It's personal and difficult because the mind is a funny thing. We make emotional decisions first and then back it up with fact to justify it. It's called rationalisation.

Ask yourself this -
    Has the opportunity changed?
    Or is it my view of the opportunity that has changed?
    Why has my view changed?

Seriously, this stage of doubt is normal. The question now is can you work through the issues and break through?

You said 6 months. Personally I thought it was a very good timeframe to test the system - and you're not there yet. Right now what is on test is yourself, not the system.

Do you have what it takes to succeed at this? To break through this phase?

Yep - the MLM business is firken personal.
    Last edited by Dave A; 15-Aug-10 at 11:42 AM.

12. Thanks given for this post:

AndyD (15-Aug-10)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast