Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Insolvency?

Thanks
    thank you for your encouragement Dave A

Will keep you guys posted on my progress.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Well, now that I've got a bit more time, let's try to make sure we don't send you off blindly trying to charge through walls.

Obviously we don't know each other well enough for me to get a sense of exactly where you are right now, but perhaps you can relate to this next bit anyway.

My experience when you're under pressure like this is that it is not only your bank balance that suffers, you're under pressure psychologically too. If you are depressed; if you are not positively expectant, it starts to show in your results (which hurts the bank balance) - which leads to more depression which leads to worse results... it's a spiral that needs to be broken.

Now when your back is to the wall, pumping in money to break the spiral is generally not an option. Often you've already been through that anyway and it hasn't worked by the time you start feeling really down and tired.

You need to top up the emotional side of the equation to start getting better results.

If you can relate to this, there are two books I strongly recommend you get your hands on immediately - Attitude is everything by Jeff Keller and The magic of thinking big by David Schwartz. I've given the link on the Jeff Keller book because I see it is available for purchase as an eBook. The site also outlines the chapters and gives you an idea of what you're in for.

Read something positive for at least 15 minutes every night before you go to sleep and let your subconscious start working its magic.

My other tip for attacking the wear and tear on the psyche is to smile - no matter how much you are hurting inside.

I used to warm up my smile muscles on the way to seeing any client. Don't worry if you look stupid in the rear view mirror - just thinking how stupid you looked will produce a genuine smile when you're in front of the client. And it's infectious. It not only warms up the people around you, it also starts seeping inside no matter how chilly things are in there.

And not a tight lipped smile. I don't care how bad your teeth are, flash some ivory!
    (Just make sure they're well brushed first, OK )

Give it a whirl - It's not like it's going to cost you much so what have you got to lose?
    Last edited by Dave A; 20-Jan-09 at 08:40 PM. Reason: afterthought

Thanks
    You guys on this forum are truely great and genuine!!!
    i have received such encouragement and tips from debbie (From Staff Training), via an email, i would just like to convey my thanks once more for the special effort.

@ Dave A:- you wont believe how this forum is starting to impact on my thinking. thank you for your encouragement and tips too. I have noted in my diary to purchase the book (gonna have to scratch deep), but i trust that it will be worthwhile.

Because of the email Debbie sent i got the ball rolling even further last night.
    My mindset changed and i actually got on the thinking side again, thinking positively. Problem solving was always one of my strong points, and i can't even recall in the last 2 months where i actually looked forward to and could not wait to get the books and start working toward this new idea.

I thank you all from the bottom of my heart!!! I have not expected such a response.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Well done Debbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr B View Post
    ... i trust that it will be worthwhile.
    No investment in personal development is ever a total waste.

Every small business owner goes through rough patches. Mr. B, I look forward to the day when you're ready to pass on the flame based on your own experience of how you overcame your challenges.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    If you plan to save the bussiness you need to start looking at costs no matter how small. Banking, rates, staff and rent. Putting cash into your private account then transferring it over saves a fortune. What the rent like on your offices - could it be done from home and the garage? Is the driver being fully utilised or is it time to get a couple of small cash accounts going - even small shops like myself use couriers a couple a times a month. What you paying on insurance and could you save a bit by shopping about? Sit down with your staff and ask them if they have any ideas - they might have a better way of arranging routes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12