Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CD/DVD Refinisher

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Loman View Post
    http://www.discprotek.co.za/disc/

I'm gonna email them for a bit of info first but it seems perfect for what i want.
    Loman
    Keep us informed it sounds like a good little business.
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Thanks
    To be honest i just looked at the price.

Some of his satisfied costomers are apparently very satisfied and did about 9000 discs, according to them.

I'll wait a bit and see what Markus has to say about how his MARKUS 3 operates.

i doubt very much that it would work as i don't see how you can repair scratches without removing 0.1 - 0.5mm of the disc's surface.
    The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by daveob View Post
    now you just need the correct chemicals - brasso or silvero ?
    Have anyone seen what brasso does to plastic? Don't know if it affects all plastics but if you soak one of those cheap shatterproof rulers in brasso for four weeks it ends up like rubber.

Don't know if it would give the same "brand new" finish to the disc.
    The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Thanks
    For what it is worth, the local video shop recommends cleaning with Braso if one of their hired DVDs wont go. I guess if it is done gently it should be OK?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Burnishing compound is the finest of the abrasive compounds - personally I'd start there if you're experimenting.

Brasso is more than just a rubbing compound and has solvents. I'd guess video shops know that most houses don't have burnishing compound handy.

6. Thanks given for this post:

Loman (03-Jan-09)

Thanks
    Since the Markus3 doesn't remove a layer from the disc i asked the guy how it works. He had this to say:

The only explanation is the chemicals heats up the cd and it fills and melts the scratches away without taking a layer off.
    How does this sound to you all? I'm even more skeptic about the system than i was before.
    I asked him for a before & after photo so i can see what the disc would look like when finished. Still waiting.

Thanks
    He also said i'm welcome to come for a demonstration and he'll show me with a micrometer that it doesn't remove anything from the disc.
    I would be glad to if i weren't so very far from Joburg.

i guess what bothers me the most about this system is that its so radically different from all the other machines i saw on the internet.
    Many, from small to huge, have two small pads. Whats more is you have to change pads every session since you need two for removing scratches and another two doing the polishing work.

This makes me wonder whether this isn't some sort of scam.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Maybe all you really need is to take the sharp edge off the scratch and polish up any roughed up surface rather than achieve a totally flat, flush surface to the last micron.

Thanks
    You may be right. But if i send my discs in for refinishing with any of the other cd/dvd shops the quality of the final product is amazing. Its like brand new, for the same price.

Now would you rather send your discs to them and have a "brand new" finish on the disc or send them to me? After i'm done with your discs they may work but they might also look like shit. How that for an advert?

I'm going to give that esprit machine a go. After all its not that expensive. R 400 including postage.
    On average it can refinish 200 discs with the included repair and polishing pads.
    It sounds like a good deal. They are out of stock at the moment, i'll buy one at the end of january when they have stock.
    I'll let you all know how it works.

Email problem
    Thanks

disc repair machine

hi there
    i have a disc repair machine that i intend to sell
    it has not been used for a while due to other business interests
    about 3 years ago, i had paid 13,000 for it - if you are genuinely interested, pleas emake me an offer

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.