Here is the recent e mail I sent out:
You will have heard about Phutuma Nathi.
This is a share offer to buy shares in Multi Choice South Africa ("MCSA").
MCSA is the broadcaster of DSTV / M Net.
MCSA is owned and controlled by Naspers.
Naspers owns M Web, Supersport, 24.com (with all that goes with that such as FIN24)
Naspers owns the publications issued by Media 24, such as Natal Witness, various magazines (see the Media 24 website at http://www.media24.com/) including those issued by "Touchline Media" such as Touchline Media, such as:
Bicycling South Africa
Golf Digest South Africa
Men's Health Living
The Wisden Cricketer SA
Phutuma Nathi is only for "black" people. Coloured and Indian people are "classified" by Naspers as "black".
Pale ones are excluded from the share offer.
It is therefor discriminatory.
I know what I'm going to do to protest:
1. Cancel my Finweek subscription;
2. Cancel Runners World subscription;
3. As soon as there is another choice available (Maybe early next year), I'll cancel DSTV;
4. Let them know why I'm doing this; and
5. Avoid ANY of their "products" in future.