i need to set my bussiness up in pastel(express 2007 which i will have upgraded soon) so that i can keep track of money going in and out of my bussiness...i have a bookeeper who sorts my books at a fee of R650.00 out every month but cannot tell me who owes me money and how much...unfortunately the bookeeper doesnt use pastel.

so i have decided to set up both companies in pastel express which i purchased in 2007 but never got around to loading the info yet...i need to either do a 2 day course which will cost me R2500 plus the upgrade for a years online support which will cost an additional R1000 which will also include the 2009 upgrade.

i need advice...am i doing the right thing or do i change my bookeeper to one who runs pastel and get them to set it up so that i can do my invoicing in pastel saving me hours of my time sitting going through my bank statement and job book trying to figue out who owes how much and pastel will automatically do my vat.

i started the one company in feb 1991 and the biggest obsticle to date is trying to find someone i can trust to do the books correctly...the last bookeeper i had use to call me to ask me where to allocate my lunch slips i am an electrician not a bookeeper how would i know...surely the bookeeper would know where the best place would be to allocate the expense.