Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Amway/Network 21

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marq View Post
    Thank for that outline - it certainly is one of the more honest answers I have seen in a long time regarding the mlm industry. Well done.

If I recall Amway has an American catalog the size of three Johannesburg phone books, so yes I can see lots more stuff being brought on board. At a shiny Amway presentation about 10 years ago, I think the local product list consisted of a toothpaste and washing powder. Certainly products were not big on the list of things to sell in those days and the whole read between the lines presentation related to nothing more than a pyramid scheme. I believe that is where Amway earned the nickname Scamway.

The products also seem to have had a lot of criticism - apparently they are the same as the stuff you buy down the road and yes they cost more because they are concentrated but on a value for money basis they are the same. If the scheme has progressed and is selling good stuff on sound marketing principles then there is no reason why it should not be a success.
    Howzit Marq. You might want to attend a N21 meeting just to check things out. Those who are successful in our business will not come knocking on your door. You WILL be blown away at the amount of success that is currently happening.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Hepple View Post
    Howzit Dave A. It sounds like you were involved way back. Things have changed quite dramatically so you might like to investgate the business again.
    I'm not surprised things have changed dramatically, but my reasons for dropping it have not

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    I'm not surprised things have changed dramatically, but my reasons for dropping it have not
    If you liked the products (and are so many more now) you might like to know there is also a passive side to the business (no work required) and you will still have an asset that will continue to grow.

Thanks
    Hi Rob,

By passive side, do you mean the fact that all you do is get a spot in the team and as the team grows so does the rebate on your anyway spend?
    Other than that I am not aware of a passive way with no work required.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm with Kev. You may as well expand on that thought you've got there, Rob.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    I'm with Kev. You may as well expand on that thought you've got there, Rob.
    You're absolutely right. If you really understand how the consumer pipeline works your discount will work it's way from 3% eventually ending up at 21% with no effort on your part. In anybody's books a 21% discount on your monthly purchases is a significant amount when you take into account it also includes your short term insurance, cellphones etc. What most people do not realise is that it is now a permanent fixture and a foundation for an incredible business because, if by some chance that consumer is at the full 21% discount, he or she could, if they wanted to, start a 2nd pipeline and that 2nd pipeline would start at the full 21%. What an incredible foundation!

Suspended
    Thanks
    i am considering going to meetings again to network so that i can expand my already well established operations which have nothing to do with amway or N21 but as dave mentioned use it to improve my selling skills and just network to grow my other companies...like going to church on sunday or playing golf.

Thanks
    Guys
    I got approached to join by means that where not transparent. See this thread http://www.theforumsa.co.za/forums/s...ead.php?t=5397 Anyway I have some questions.
    1. Where can I see a list of products and prices that amway offer?
    2. What cellphone contracts are covered with Vodacom. Are the top up packages included?
    3. Is Glenrand insurance comparable to Outsurance?
    4. Is there a websiite or brochures where this information is available?
    5. Why is there a R240 per month continuing education fee, I would think it would be better to say the first R240 of commission used for this?
    6. Why are the promtotors very cagey about naming the scheme when you meet them?

Kevm and others could you elaborate what happens at the Business Building Seminar and Weekend Conference.
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Thanks
    Hi IanF. A couple of answers. When you were approached you would seem to have already had a negative conception of what Amway and N21 are all about which is something that all of us as distributors have to face so we invite people to a preview of the business where the true picture of our business is presented and, whoever the new person is that was invited can make a decision based on facts and they are able to ask as many questions they want to.
    All of the deals you can get from Vodacom Direct are applicable to our business.
    Glenrand MIB's policy is comprable to any other "deal direct" company in SA. My premium, when I changed over from my previous insurer saved me more than R200 P/M. The Continuing Education Program is not a fee. It is completely optional, but it makes sense to do it. Our business is like any other business, you need some education. The lady you spoke to, Miranda Henderson, is the best person you could ever speak to about our business. My suggestion is that you arrange to meet with her again and she will give you a true perspective of the business. Not only are her and her husband, Sean, the most successful couple in SA they are also respected around the world for their integrity and leadership in the business and the world of show-jumping. They are also Springbok show-jumpers.

Thanks
    Deja Vu....It seems like nothing has changed since I first looked into these schemes decades ago. Ians post and his most recent experience confirms that.

This mlm, big 'business opportunity' stuff is still sold by smiley shiny people in clandestine operations slinking around hotel rooms and lounges, treating information about the industry as if it were the biggest secret in the world. The products are ignored, question are not answered to the visitors satisafaction, this 'education' and training issue is left hanging in the air not really explained, and the 'sale' is made based on a fear principal that if they do not sign up now they are really going to lose out. People around are referred to as gurus, leaders, full of integrity, honest and hard working..bla bla - I've got a black belt in Kung fu but that doesn't mean I am a good business person.

I still only see a group of people, who ra ra about it, talk about uplines, downlines, pipeline and all sorts of jargon that means very little unless one is in a pyramid scheme scenario feasting off the previous victims hard work and aspirations. I also see very few long term people that have stayed the distance and actually proved my thoughts about mlm wrong.

Sorry guys, but until someone can put out a simple short and sweet, non jargoned, non percentaged, non BS business plan explaining how Amway or Net 21 or any scheme works that make sense to simple folk like me and is not a pyramid scheme.....I will be on the skeptical side doing normal business stuff over here.
    The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity.
    Sponsored By: http://www.honeycombhouse.com

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast