Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Amway/Network 21

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abbacount View Post
    Hi Dave,
    I have joined AMWAY and NETWORK 21 due to the fact that the person introducing the system to me and my wife were very convincing. We have now progressed to the "Leadersclub" status and are involved in trying to grow our business seeing that we are an "IBO"(Independent Business Owner). The only thing that gets to me is the number of meeting sthat one has to attend. Every quarter they have a weekend seminar which costs R750 per person. Mostly they have individuals being paraded rendering testimonials on how they have changed their lives and are financially independent. There is various other meetings that you have to attend which cost ranges from R20 - R800 which i am now finding to be exorbitant. Also one has to buy motivational books from Network 21 but i have found the same book R 55 cheaper at the CNA. I would like to ask the other members who have been involved in this particular MLM business to share their experiences with me!
    And this is exactly the reason i got out... Ended up costing me way more than i was "earning"...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by abbacount View Post
    Also one has to buy motivational books from Network 21 but i have found the same book R 55 cheaper at the CNA.
    Although N21 charges a flat monthly rate, I think you'll find the retail value of each book will vary from month to month. So it's hard to judge "fair value" based on a single book.

If you can get hold of a list of what books have been going out over the last 6 or 12 months, that would probably give a better benchmark.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaxisus View Post
    And this is exactly the reason i got out... Ended up costing me way more than i was "earning"...
    This is also why I never signed up. The Ra-ra motivational talks, attending meetings and add-ons did not appeal to me. Quite hilarious to sit at the back and see all the nodding heads in confirmation of the speaker doing his motivational bit.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    Hi Guys have you heard of ... *thread hijack removed*
    Last edited by Dave A; 01-Aug-12 at 09:44 AM. Reason: thread hijack removed

Email problem
    Thanks
    Must admit the story line is quite similar to all the Amway gurus stories. Only difference is that you do not need to hunt people down!

Thanks
    Zaxisus, I have tried Amway, Mannatech and some other MLM companies but they didn't work for me. Since you're in the IT industry... check this out:
    Last edited by Dave A; 05-Aug-12 at 07:44 AM.

Thanks
    HI Everyone, Have you guys heard of ...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    The next hijack advert post in this thread is going to result in a permanent ban.

9. Thanks given for this post:

Blurock (05-Aug-12)

Email problem
    Thanks
    HEY. Have you guys heard of.... Dave A? I hear he's an awesome chap!

:P Seriously though:

A good friend of mine invited me to a club/hotel saying "I've got something planned for you". I thought I was going to be 'thoroughly entertained' and or 'get lucky' money/sports/ladeez-wise. All I got was "you are going to be amazed" and then got talked AT for a few hours - I like what I'm doing now. Sure I'd love the extra cash but I do reckon and my partner believes that should I spend that much time in my actual business I'll be just as successful if not more.

It kind of irks me the way everyone acts... it's kind of like.. the song "Hello" from the musical "Book of Mormon". (Reference video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekwiXQDdhSk) but instead of them coming to your door, you're walking into a room full of them. Approved dialogue. Approved DIAGRAMS (a few people had been captured and sat down being talked at and drawn at with diagrams and such...).

Parts of the night DEFINITELY got my back up, and hackles raised - I mean sure maybe they had the best intentions but the arrogance of some of the people I spoke to. On the way out, my 'friend/referrers' sister blasted me for 20 minutes then pulled out the registration form (Aha I think not). To which I just stood up, politely said I will not sign anything 'on the night' and moved on. As we were leaving friend/refererr said goodbye to their team leader (imposing guy) I said I'd like to get into contact with them (certainly NOT the other way around) and I'll make an appointment or ask my friend to which he said something along the lines "Oh you must respect [name] her time is very important] AS IF I CAN'T CONTACT A FRIEND I'VE KNOWN LONGER THAN MOST OF THE PEOPLE IN THE ROOM HAVE KNOWN HER COMBINED - and then went on to say "If you want to contact me, before next Tuesday because I'm going to Japan". WTFEver.

Do I sound perhaps bitter, proud and angry? Yes I'd say that. I've been in an MLM before, whole family joined up one in the Philippines back when we were there for a while. It didn't work out (putting it mildly). So group me with the millions who are skeptics by prior experience.

Lastly, I'm a photographer. If I had a chance to quick my day 9-5 day job and go to photography knowing I'd earn money, I'd happily work 9 to 12 on it. So, I'm not sure I see the point of joining Amway when it's not what I want to do. They even said just join up, get an ID and let the income flow as people beneath you do all the work?

You guys who have been there: especially O.P. what do you guys say?

11. Thanks given for this post:

Dave A (28-Nov-12)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    That Youtube link is ridiculously appropriate

Yep - Anyone can do it but it's not for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by anghel132 View Post
    Sure I'd love the extra cash but I do reckon and my partner believes that should I spend that much time in my actual business I'll be just as successful if not more.
    Ultimately that's why I packed it in. It was quite an experience though.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112