Anyone considering upgrading their Qbooks to Premier 2008 needs to be very careful if they are wanting to make use of accessing files from remote locations.

Firstly one free year and then additional fees may apply!

As our IT person said, this is like selling a BMW and saying after one years "free" use you need to pay additional charges for using the airconditioner!.

To completely ensure we achieved our objective to work remotely, we purchased a server plus new laptops etc. to make use of this facility.

Our IT consultant checked with Qbooks in advance and was told no problem!

We then had problems and could only get support by purchasing a new program.

Various problems including a Vat corruption which Support know about in advance, which is considered to be data fixing and as such consultancy fees are due to "fix" the problem, other questions which have no resolution (cusomization of invoice forms!) are far better in the older versions,
I never got the feeling anyone was interested in helping sort out problems, but was told "You have a 30 day money back guarantee" !

Support from QBooks (EasyBiz) seem to feel that 4-5 minutes waiting, with the program constantly "not responding" is "Acceptable".
Their support say yes, there is remote access, and seem to accept that it is VERY slow. Even said that the program says access files remotely, but there is nothing to say at what speed that access is!

This is completely misleading advertising.

I could never, ever work that slow, I would literally go insane.

I think I could read an entire chapter of a book whilst waiting if I want to run a report!
All the IT requirements are in place.

So I am going to return the program and make use of the money back guarantee.

Their support gives conflicting advice.

It is not possible to have the program on a server - only the data!

Days of costs for the IT consultant, and I am precisely in the same position as when I started, except now we have to recapture all the last two weeks work.

So, my advice, based solely on my personal experience!:

If you need to upgrade QBooks, seriously consider "weaning" your bookkeeping to another program rather.

Soon the slogan will be Find out why X number of clients "No longer use QBooks"

Yvonne